No announcement yet.

Who closed the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the record, my beau is planning to move here when his military service is over, but not because he's the guy; because he loves Australia, and also because I have ongoing health issues due to a bout of chronic illness several years ago (I got better, eventually, but never completely back to as hardy as I was before), and so for me to live in a country that doesn't have a public health care system would be madness.

Comment

I will be moving to my SO but it's actually the area I'm from anyway. I'm just in Florida for college.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
      Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
      Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
      Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
      Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Originally posted by yayagrl View Post
        Though I'm not in a same sex relationship, I think this poll singles the ones who are out. I hope you decide to change it as it can be seen as offensive OP. Your statement about there still being a "man or woman" in the relationship is also offensive.

I agree. In fact I'm surprised nobody else has commented on the still being a "man or woman" ... I'm not certain those in a same sex relationship would agree with your, nor appreciate that statement. Maybe I'm not understanding it.

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
          I agree. In fact I'm surprised nobody else has commented on the still being a "man or woman" ... I'm not certain those in a same sex relationship would agree with your, nor appreciate that statement. Maybe I'm not understanding it.
          Even though I'm not in a same sex relationship I still thought the OP's comment was a bit sexist..that men are chivalrous if they initiated closing the distance. And felt like she was putting every relationship into a 'man-role/woman-role' mould. /:

Comment

As far as I know it's a female majority on this site so the poll doesn't necessarily prove anything.

Either way I, being a guy, moved to my SO's country to be with her. It didn't work out though and I have now recently moved back as a result

Comment

Us closing the distance had nothing to do with gender. And as far as WHO closed the distance...we BOTH did. It took uprooting from both of us....Both lives were affected by him moving here. He moved here because my kids are younger and I share custody with my ex....
              NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

We haven't closed the distance and it probably won't happen for awhile but when it does I will move there because he has a full time job and is a homebody whereas I dont care to move away and I am a Mary Kay consultant so I can work anywhere I live!

Comment

We haven't closed the distance yet, but I will be the one moving to him. He's 7 hours away at school, and spends most of the year up there, so I will be transferring to his college when I get my degree in the next year.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I will be moving to my SO.

Comment

My SO will be moving to me, since he got accepted at a college here

Comment

My SO and I will both be moving to close the distance. I moved to Edinburgh in November, and he's moving over here in June or July. Eventually he'll be further away from home than me, because we plan to settle longterm in Canada.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
                        Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Originally posted by mlestoll View Post
                          I know that there are male male and female female relationships, but in those relationships there is still the 'man' or 'woman'. I just wanted to see if men were still chivalrous, because the guy I had dated didn't initiate any form of closing the distance, and I didn't know if it was normal for the woman to make all of those plans.
                          I'm sure you don't mean it this way-- but I feel like i have to agree that you are making a very offensive assumption and generalization about same sex relationships. (particularly offensive, as someone in one)

Comment

He will be moving to me - he is just finishing up his studies and then in about October or November this year he will move up here to find work.

Comment

I (female) created the disctance and at the end of the year I will close it.

Comment

Originally posted by mlestoll View Post
                                I know that there are male male and female female relationships, but in those relationships there is still the 'man' or 'woman'. I just wanted to see if men were still chivalrous, because the guy I had dated didn't initiate any form of closing the distance, and I didn't know if it was normal for the woman to make all of those plans.
                                I'd like to see you answer for why you said this as well. Just...what the hell?

Comment

Working...
                                X