We have a SOLID plan for the future!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a SOLID plan for the future!

I don't know how many of you know my story. My SO and I met at school in NY, but I'm from MA and he's from MD. He left school so now we have a distance triangle and I split my breaks between him and my family.

Well now I won't have to!! There is a rock solid plan that he will be moving to MA. And we will be permanently settling there near my family--marriage kids the whole thing. I love the entire plan. Especially the fact that I get to stay near my family. The original plan-ish thing we had was me moving to MD. I love this one so much better. We may not be closing the distance just yet; but I'm so happy that I get another full summer with him. He's happy too. He has an interview later on this week, but even if he gets the job, he says it's nothing that would keep him in MD. In MA, he has me and the help of my family until he gets back on his feet. We're both very happy.
    ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
    The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

That's awesome! Congrats! Very exciting!

On a side note -- I know I should know this but what does MA and MD stand for?

Comment

MA is Massachusetts
      MD is Maryland
      ". . . We obviously have to come to accept it, but that doesn't stop it from gnawing at us day by day.
      The best we can do is enjoy our time together, anticipate our reunions, and remain passionate and loyal through distance." ~Mike <3

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Update: He's moving much sooner than expected due to some circumstances beyond his control. He'll be moving to MA this Saturday.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Congrats on having a solid plan for closing the distance! It feels really, really good when it's finally coming to fruition! I wish you guys the best of luck in your future and a very happy life together!

Comment

Yeah it feels great. I'm also looking into grad schools back home to see if we can close the distance even faster.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Awww honey that's such great news! I couldn't stop smiling when I read that--I wish you every happiness.
              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Wow! That is so exciting! It must feel great knowing your SO will be so close to you and so soon!
                "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                Made it official: September 17, 2010
                Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                Got married: November 21, 2012
                Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

We;ll still be long distance for the school year, but at this point definitely having summers and breaks with him AND my family is more than enough for me.

~*~11.21.2010~*~

Comment

Congratulations! Here's wishing you all the very best for the future

Comment

Working...
                    X