SO's Visa APPROVED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SO's Visa APPROVED!

So I'm not normally a superstitious person, but I hadn't posted the exact date of my fiance's interview for his K-1 fiance visa in the Moscow US Embassy, and I hadn't been talking about it much up to this point because something in me wanted to withhold info about it until his visa was approved...I didn't want to jinx anything, I guess, lol!

So, he scheduled his interview for Valentine's day, which we thought was a cute and symbolic idea. Well, it's now Noon in Moscow as I post this, and an hour ago he returned to his hostel room and got online to let me know that his visa was approved!

It's 3 am my time now (EST) and I'm kind of sleepy, but as soon as he logged in to Skype and began a video call (we often watch each other sleep), I woke up (I often feel him and wake up lol), and he told me, "We got approved, Baby!" WOW, it's so hard to believe after all of our waiting, we'll be living together in less than a month! He'll get his passport with the visa in it in the mail in about a week or so, and in a few days we should know exactly when he'll be here!

His interview was so easy! The consulate officer was a guy in his early 30's, close to our age (we're late 20's), and he said the guy was very easy-going and nice. He asked one "trick question" about me to gauge my SO's reaction. The question was more of a statement, actually. He said, "So, your fiancee lives with her parents, and when you get married you'll live with her family, right?" And my SO of course answered correctly, "No, she rents an apartment and her parents live separately in the same city, and we'll live in the apartment together." He didn't even ask to see the mountain of evidence of our relationship my fiance brought with him! All in all, it was really easy! Now we are breathing a huge sigh of relief!

I should really go back to bed, but I wanted to post on LFAD the news! Our patience is paying off, and soon we will close the distance! In a couple of months, we will be a married couple! WOW! OK, so I can function at work I'll go back to bed although it may take me awhile to fall asleep! LOL! *happy dance!*

Wow that's 2 of us in 2 days!!! Congratulations! I had one horrible woman at mine, but thankfully the actual immigration officer was really nice to me I know how relieved you must be! All that waiting! Have you got any travel plans sorted or are you waiting for the visa to be in his hands first?

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Congratulations!!! so nice to see great news in here!!!
      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

WHAT GREAT NEWS!!!!! Congrats!!!

Comment

Wow, congratulations!! That is very exciting and so nice to hear on Valentine's Day!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congratulations!!! That is so exciting!!!
            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
            Made it official: September 17, 2010
            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
            Got married: November 21, 2012
            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Congratulations!! Such a great Valentine's Day present for you both!!

Comment

Congratulations! That's so exciting!

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone for the kind congratulations! It really is the best Valentine's Day ever!

Originally posted by nicole View Post
                  Wow that's 2 of us in 2 days!!! Congratulations! I had one horrible woman at mine, but thankfully the actual immigration officer was really nice to me I know how relieved you must be! All that waiting! Have you got any travel plans sorted or are you waiting for the visa to be in his hands first?
                  Apparently, a male coming to the US on a K-1 visa is such a rarity in the Moscow consulate that the woman he checked in with thought he was missing some document for a non-immigrant visa (she didn't say this to him, just told him he was missing this one document and that he might have to reschedule his interview). He was freaking out and only when he said that on the Embassy's website there was nothing about needing this form for a K-1, she was like, "OH, you're a K-1, so you don't need this form!" That was the biggest scare of the day for him. The rest of it was a breeze and so easy, he said!

We have a tentative date for him to arrive, and he plans to get his tickets in the next couple of days after figuring out the best deal!

Congrats on your K-1 too!

Comment

Omg congrats!

Comment

WOW, congratulations!!!!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Hooray, this is so wonderful to hear!!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm just over the moon and it's sinking in that we are really going to close the distance in a little over 3 weeks! Holy crap, I have a lot to do! LOL! I have to finish getting the apartment ready (I began a project to create more space in the closet but never finished it, haha...there is about half of the clothes storage space now available for his clothes, but I want to cull some stuff from the top shelves if possible).

I've been holding about 3 huge boxes of Christmas decorations for my dad from when his house was foreclosed upon EIGHT years ago (and now in 3 different apartments, yeesh), and he's been in a stable and permanent living situation now for over a year and has the space for it, we just never see each other because he works nights, so we need to coordinate a way for him to come get his stuff.

I'm switching banks from a big, national chain to a local credit union (where we will open a joint account as well when he gets here) so I need to go down there to start a savings and a checking account next week. I need to figure out an appointment with the civil surgeon he'll need to see to confirm to USCIS that all his vaccines are up to date, etc. I'll need to call and reserve a time to get married at City Hall and try to round up the small amount of people we're inviting to our little ceremony. And that's not all I have to do! It's so exciting and I'll be so busy the next few weeks are going to fly by, and then he'll be here! It's so awesome!

Oh yeah, and I still need to file my taxes. Sad as this sounds, I'm 29 and it's the first time I'll be doing them on my own. My stepdad has always done them for me. I told him this year I want to do it myself. It happens that I'm in the demographic in my state to qualify for free e-filing for both state and federal. I'm waiting for a copy of my state tax refund for last year (this is considered income in my state and has to be claimed as income), because I was stupid and misplaced it when I moved to this apartment in August.

I'm going to be busy! I can't wait for him to get here!

Comment

YAY congratulations!!!!!!!!! Happy happy Valentine's Day!!!
                              "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                              X