SO's Visa APPROVED!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SquishyLove View Post
    Thanks guys! I'm just over the moon and it's sinking in that we are really going to close the distance in a little over 3 weeks! Holy crap, I have a lot to do! LOL! I have to finish getting the apartment ready (I began a project to create more space in the closet but never finished it, haha...there is about half of the clothes storage space now available for his clothes, but I want to cull some stuff from the top shelves if possible).

I've been holding about 3 huge boxes of Christmas decorations for my dad from when his house was foreclosed upon EIGHT years ago (and now in 3 different apartments, yeesh), and he's been in a stable and permanent living situation now for over a year and has the space for it, we just never see each other because he works nights, so we need to coordinate a way for him to come get his stuff.

I'm switching banks from a big, national chain to a local credit union (where we will open a joint account as well when he gets here) so I need to go down there to start a savings and a checking account next week. I need to figure out an appointment with the civil surgeon he'll need to see to confirm to USCIS that all his vaccines are up to date, etc. I'll need to call and reserve a time to get married at City Hall and try to round up the small amount of people we're inviting to our little ceremony. And that's not all I have to do! It's so exciting and I'll be so busy the next few weeks are going to fly by, and then he'll be here! It's so awesome!

Oh yeah, and I still need to file my taxes. Sad as this sounds, I'm 29 and it's the first time I'll be doing them on my own. My stepdad has always done them for me. I told him this year I want to do it myself. It happens that I'm in the demographic in my state to qualify for free e-filing for both state and federal. I'm waiting for a copy of my state tax refund for last year (this is considered income in my state and has to be claimed as income), because I was stupid and misplaced it when I moved to this apartment in August.

I'm going to be busy! I can't wait for him to get here!
    I feel you on the "THERE IS SO MUCH TO DOOOOO!" line lol I've yet to sort out my banking or start packing- you're way more organized then me! So soooo pleased for you! It's so weird to think spending so much time apart and now it's a matter of WEEKS!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post
      I feel you on the "THERE IS SO MUCH TO DOOOOO!" line lol I've yet to sort out my banking or start packing- you're way more organized then me! So soooo pleased for you! It's so weird to think spending so much time apart and now it's a matter of WEEKS!
      So pleased for you too! Yeah, it's extremely surreal to know that we are actually closing the distance for good and it's not just a visit this time! My SO has a lot more to do to than me, tying up loose ends at home before he leaves, packing, and visiting with his friends and family! We're both keeping busy, of course. I plan to do a really deep cleaning of our apartment before he gets here too, oh and I need to tell my property manager he's coming so we can plan a time to get him on the lease!

Comment

That's great! I'm happy for you!

Comment

That's wonderful news Congratulations!

Comment

Working...
          X