Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AAHH!! We set a date!!

Not for marriage, haha.

My SO and I have decided that we're going to be closing the distance on June 18th Or possibly a day or two before if we find jobs, but by the 18th at the very latest!!
    I'm so excited. We're both moving to London, and then finding a flat and jobs. I really hope I can find a job quickly, but my anxiety about that is vastly overshadowed by the fact that I can (for the rest of my LIFE!) fall asleep and wake up next to my SO!

Can't wait to start my future with him, and fingers crossed it'll go smoothly moving down there

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

YAYAYAAYAYAY congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! I'm planning on moving to Ireland in the next couple of years to be with my SO, so we'll be on the same side of the hemisphere!!

So happy for you love!
    "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Eee! Exciting! Congratulations!
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Whee, congrats!

Comment

That's so exciting! Congrats!

Comment

Thanks all I'm so excited that the end is in sight, and it's so close!!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 PM ----------

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
            YAYAYAAYAYAY congratulations!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!! I'm planning on moving to Ireland in the next couple of years to be with my SO, so we'll be on the same side of the hemisphere!!

So happy for you love!
            Ah you'll love it there!! Good luck planning

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
            Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Awesome news!!! best of luck
              As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Yay! Excited for you!
                Last edited by dglynn77; April 22, 2012, 02:41 PM. Reason: wrong word lol

Comment

Wow! I'm so happy for you guys! That's right around the corner too!

Comment

That is really exciting!!! I can't wait to hang out!!

Not to burst your happy bubble, but I would really recommend looking for a job before you move down. It took me a good 8 months and 50 + applications to find something at only part time and rent is outrageous. My SO was looking at the cost of other places in the town we live and for what we pay here only gets a studio. Do you have savings? Moving down without a job is probably not the wisest move. Even with my SOs new job and 50% pay raise we still can't afford to move any where else unless it is in a flat share renting a room.

Comment

Congrats!! You're going to have a blast

Comment

Congrats and enjoy being together in a new city!! Wonderful news and I'm so excited for both of you!

Comment

It's so exciting that you get to move to a new city! I wish you two the best of luck and I hope you love it!

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats! Exciting!
                              \\ Someday everything will all make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything //
                              \\ happens for a reason //

\\ We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing //

\\ When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” //
                              \\They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, I told them they didn’t understand life!! //

Comment

Working...
                              X