Well I'm Here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm Here!

We got to Texas today and am finally at his apartment. Tomorrow I go and sign the lease on my new place and in a couple days the movers should be here. The drive was exhausting, so much more exhausting than I thought it would be, but I'm glad to be here. He's exhausted too.

It's kind of surreal. I didn't cry at my going away party, or when we left, but I start crying when I got a little ways from home, on the road. To be honest, I feel like I have to be strong for my boyfriend. I know he's just as nervous as I am about this whole thing, but I think as soon as I'm alone, I may lose it. Just typing about it is a bit overwhelming.

Now that I'm here I have so much to do and learn. I have to learn the area, where things are, make new friends and get things sorted out at school.

I'm still so numb to the whole thing, when other people would be jumping up and down with joy. Don't get me wrong, I am really happy to be here, I just ... I guess it just hasn't hit yet.

I can only imagine how tough it must be to start over somewhere new and learn the area. But I've very happy for you - making it to closing the distance Don't forget us around here!

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance! I'm sure it is surreal and probably hasn't hit you yet, but you'll be ok when it does. Moving to a new area can be scary and so many of us have been through it. I moved in September for school and that was tough because I was completely on my own. I did make friends with time- including loveknowsdistance27! Even though your SO is nervous, please reach out to him. Not sure if I was reading into it, but it seemed like you were holding back when you said you felt you had to be strong for him. If I did read it into, I apologize and ignore my previous comment. Best of luck and keep us updated!

Comment

This is a big big change for you so of course you're going to have all sorts of emotions going at once. Let out that good cry. I cried for about the first week I was in CR.

Congratulations!! Hope the move into the new place goes well

Comment

Congratulations!! And best of luck for the next stage
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Nice job, Sierra! Good luck, you'll be OK, really Just remember to take it one day at a time and enjoy the new experiences.
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

i can totally understand what you mean by it hasnt hit yet dont worry its like that i went to see my bf for about 1.5 months and i had to get used to the envoronment again there i knew i should be happy but i felot kinnda blank, it will take around 2, 3 weeks or maybe a even a month for you to completely feeel normal and comfortable take your time and relax

Comment

Congrats!
                ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance!
                  As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

Comment

Originally posted by dukes2011 View Post
                    I did make friends with time- including loveknowsdistance27!
                    Hey, thanks for the shout out girl!

Congratulations on closing the distance, Sierra. I understand that it is a huge adjustment and that it hasn't totally set in yet. I have faith that you will make friends and figure it all out in time. Being nervous is really natural and normal. Best of luck! And remember, it's okay to cry.

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

I'm glad you got there ok! I'm sure it's only normal to feel the way you're feeling, like the others have said. You only just got there and it probably takes a while to let it all sink in. Good luck with sorting everything, you'll be fine You've got your boyfriend to help you and support you. Keep us updated!

Comment

Working...
                      X