Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We're getting close to filling the Visa.... and im SCARED!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We're getting close to filling the Visa.... and im SCARED!!

Hey,

My SO and I had a wonderful 2 week visit last month and it killed us both when he went home. We've changed our original plan of me going to Canada to get married and then applying for the Husband/Wife visa for him to join me here in the UK. We are now going to apply for the fiance visa.... probably at the end of the month. We can't bare being seperated any longer and this route woulde be faster.

I'm scared shitless!
    I want him here desperately but I'm terrified that if we go through this and he gets refused.... it'll be devasting for us. I'm not working at the moment either ( not from lack of trying) and he's not in a high paid job so he wont be able to save up alot of money. My Mom and Step Dad both work full time and have quite abit of money in savings and have said they will provide bank statements,letters and what not stating they will support us for his visa application but i have this gut feeling that it won't be enough.

Is it normal to feel this way?
    Any advice?
    As long as there is air in my lungs... there is a chance

No advice, I just wish you both the best of luck.

Comment

I would guess it's normal to feel that way, yes. Does the UK do a similar thing to the US? Here, you have to make 125% above the poverty line (I believe) to file in the first place, seeing as they want to be sure your SO will not become a public charge. If you don't, it's perfectly fine to have a co-sponsor, so long as they make 125% above the poverty line and are able to comfortably support themselves and your SO if he can't find work, for example. I would look into the requirements for the UK fiance visa as far as what's required for financial support. It will either ease your mind or prevent you from wasting money towards an application you might have to postpone. However, I would guess your parents would have to co-sponsor and fill out forms themselves, as opposed to simply providing bank statements and letters, but I don't know the terms of the UK visa.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Oh I hope you are able to do it. Finances are basically what are keeping my SO and I apart right now too. I know the job situation is really bad in the UK.. my SO who lives there is unemployed too (he also has a disability so he can't just work any job really) and I only have a minimum wage type job so it's hard to save!! I don't know how much you have to have, but I think it's best to try and get a really large amount of savings to back up your application.. though if your family has enough to cosponsor you than I'm sure you could be okay.. though I haven't looked too much at it yet because I know we don't have enough money.. not even a family member to help really.. not anyone close enough that makes enough for us to feel right about asking for help. It sucks. I hope you are able to do it. To answer your question, I think it must be normal to feel nervous, as the process feels like you have to trust the government and immigration system with your relationship.. which is a scary thought. I hope you can be successful with your application!

Comment

Of course visa stuff is scary! I have so much freaking evidence of our relationship but I'm still worried things won't work out. Visas get denied all the time, both for good reasons and for no reason. Just be as organized as possible and get as much proof as possible. Then cross your fingers and hope for the best! Good luck!

Comment

*Support, comfort and carrots* Yeah, it's scary. Even if you're sure you nailed it, it's scary.
            Obi and I should be getting our arses into gear and applying for our next round, and even though we were successful for the fiance visa, I'm scared shitless they'll refuse his residency.... even though I can't see why they would!!

It's just scary... and the mound of paperwork is so awfully daunting. I don't have any good advice, but you're not alone. Good luck!
            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
            X