Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My LDR is coming to a close (and not the one you think)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My LDR is coming to a close (and not the one you think)

Some of you will be aware that I not only have a LDR with my SO but I have had a LDR with my daughter (now 7) since I separated from her father back in August 2010 and had to move interstate away from her. She is currently visiting me for school holidays and doesn't know anything about the goings on.

Today the final judgement was handed down with regard to who gets majority custody. After almost 2 years of back and forth and a lot of messy the determination by the Federal Magistrate was that she's better off with me than with her father and my ex friend (his now partner). Being open, honest, calm and controlled has really paid off. That and having a decent legal team (cost a mint and I can never repay my family for funding it) helped too.

So, as of 8:45am today (my time) I officially closed the distance with my daughter. She gets to stay and visit her father on holidays. I am beyond ecstatic! I can't tell her yet though, a Family Court Consultant has the job of telling her all of this tomorrow afternoon.

This also means I can make plans for my SO to visit when she's on holiday with her father so it's a double blessing.

Thats great! Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Best of luck for the future to all of you

Comment

Congrats on getting your daughter! That's excellent news!!

Comment

That's amazing. So happy for you

Comment

Congratulations! I remember my mother's feeling of joy and relief when she won the custody battle. I can't imagine what it would have felt like for her if it'd gone on for two years. Happy for the both of you.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

I was hopeing so hard that I'd see this!! Congratulations I'm so happy for you, I can't imagine what the last couple years would have been like.
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

That's wonderful news! Congrats!!!

Comment

My daughter was given the news this afternoon from the Family Court Consultant. She was a bit overwhelmed but overall she's very very happy. The only downside she sees is that she only gets two week's holiday instead of 4 but the thought of starting at a new and smaller school excites her. She will be going to the same primary school I went to, my father went to, his father went to. My great grandfather was a member of the Parents & Citizens board so there's 5 generations of family involvement with this school. Pretty impressive. Now to get all of the enrollment stuff sorted. Gleep!

Comment

I'm very happy for you both. When my parents separated, my mother was given custody, and I am so thankful to this day. Mothers and daughters belong together. :3

Comment

So happy for you!! I'm very close with the women in my life and I know she means the world to you
                        My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                        It's just me and you
                        Put the pedal to the metal
                        Baby, turn the radio on
                        We can run to the far side of nowhere
                        We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

So happy to hear this! I can't imagine how happy you and your daughter are feeling right now!

Comment

That's really great news, congratulations!

Comment

That's so good to hear! Congrats on getting custody! I know that the courts deciding for my sister and I to live with my mom was the best decision ever. I hope your daughter gets to say that one day.
                              "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                              Made it official: September 17, 2010
                              Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                              Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                              Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                              Got married: November 21, 2012
                              Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                              Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Working...
                              X