Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving my life to close the distance......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty sure this has all been said before but just thought I would share my story. This was when I was going out with an ex that was long distance (he was in Illinois and at the time I was in vegas) I had moved to Vegas to be with my mom, I had a job and she was willing to let him move in as long as he saved up money first to help us out. But every time I talked to him about it he wanted me to move with him, eventually I agreed his parents bought me my plane ticket. Now I didn't have much problems with my friends I had made, they all wished me luck. My mom was a different story, I told her the day the tickets were purchased when she got off work. For the duration of the time that it took for me to leave she called me all sorts of lovely names and put me down. My grandparents weren't happy with me either and said i was abandoning my mother for a guy I didn't even know. It was hard cause I knew I had hurt my mom, but thing was I kept my head high and told her I loved her everyday even though she was trying to bring me down. At the time I felt I was doing the right thing. Needless to say he is my ex now but I doubt you will have the same problems I did when I got there. Basically what i am saying is they are hurt and sad, they dont want to hear about the guy that is "taking you away" this may be your choice but that may be how they see it.

Comment

I thought my parents (especially mom) felt like he was the one who "was taking me away", but after she met him, face to face, all her worries and doubts disappeared. My parents are sad to see me go, are supporting me but will miss me, yada yada, but its my best friend who I'm having issues with. I finally confronted her the other day and just came right out and asked her about it. She admitted to being selfish and she'll miss me and doesn't want me to go at all!! I'm just hoping she can see that I won't be completely gone forever. I'll come back!

Comment

Working...
      X