Working Holiday Visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Working Holiday Visa?

My SO is going to send in his application for a working holiday visa once he turns 18 at the beginning of august, he plans to be here in December just before new years, will it be proccessed and accepted before then? also when does the visa start? the day that it gets accepted or the day that he leaves for canada? kind of a worrier and i like to have everything planned out before hand, so the more you can tell me the better! thanks!
    sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
    -Connor<3

It took my sister not even a month get an acceptance for her Canadian WHV, so you should be ok on getting it before December.

I am not sure about when the visa starts. Perhaps you put a date on the application stating when you will arrive in Canada? He might not know that until he applies for the visa.

*EDIT*

Or perhaps the visa 'starts' when he enters Canada?
    Last edited by Tooki; June 10, 2013, 04:08 AM.

Comment

Was he not able to pick a date?

Comment

@ digitalfever- I don't know, we haven't started yet, I just like to know everything beforehand so I know exactly what to expect
        sigpic

Distance tears couples apart. But if we can get through over a year without even meeting... Thats special...
        -Connor<3

Comment

My suggestion to you would be to look up information on the government website (from which you apply) and then download the actual visa form. It will tell you more than we can here, I would imagine. I know the one for Ireland was good for the date I put down as my date of entry and my assumed date of leaving.

Comment

It would make sense to look at the application form then wouldn't it? Download all the information, look at the paper work and go through it.

Comment

Okay thanks, I think I'll download the form and see what it says
              sigpic

-Connor<3

Comment

The visa itself will start from the moment he enters Canada... i.e. if he has a year and enters on the 1st July he will have until the 30th June the following year!

Comment

Not to burst a bubble but I didn't get my WHV until March 2013, having applied/started applying in Jan...and it was all supposed to go 'up' in Dec which it did not.

I am from the UK though but it's done in batches/on certain dates, certainly NOT kind of apply when....he may want to look up expected/this year's dates for Aus, as I believe the UK did lag behind other schemes this yr. However his visa will be valid for a year from receiving approval to activate and then from activation you'll be able to be in Canada and work for a year should everything go ok.

Look up IEC, that's the name

Comment

This is the WHV for entry into Australia right? My SO applied for it and he was approved within 24 hours. The visa commences from date of entry into the country. ie. He arrived Dec 10, 2013, it will be valid til Dec 10, 2014.

Comment

It looks like he's doing the WHP from Aust to Canada right?

It takes 1-3 months to process (they say not to contact them if it's been less than a month), and you don't have to use it as soon as you get it. They can do it in under a month if you hassle them though, I only know this because my first application got lost in the post, and I re-applied with nearly no time before I flew. He should have plenty of time to get it done between August and Dec if he gets right to it.
                      At the time I did WHP it was valid for two years from the date of entry to Canada.

Over all it's a super easy visa to get. Best of luck!
                      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                      X