I need some serious advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some serious advice.

This is a long story but It's something I really need help with.

I'm 19 now, was abandoned at 16, I'm not orginally from this country so when my parents left me they kinda took everything such as my birth certificates, etc. For the past 3 years I've been living with people I know, finished school etc. My gf, best friend and I were supposed to move in together around this time. However, things have changed due to the fact that my gf had to move in w/ her cousins/sisters to college and my best friend didn't wanna leave this area anyway, but there was hope my gf would stay here so my best friend and I got an apartment together. One of t hose privately owned places so not too many questions.

My gf is leaving Tuesday to start school 3 hours north of here. I'm in my lease until Spring and my best friend and I keep fighting anyways but have agreed that if I don't move in Spring that we can try again (getting another place togehter)

I want to move to where my gf is, but i've lived here my entire life and I just got a really good job (7 days a week, etc) So I'm making a lot of money which I am only doing to put money away to possibly move and see my gf. A trip to see her costs at least 200 dollars and that's just an over night visit. I have no family in this country, I have no friends other then my gf where she's moving, I can't drive due to the fact that I have none of my stuff and i need lawyers to clear up everything and I obviously can't afford an expensive lawyer. I;ve already figured out I can't get my own place, and I'm not gonna be able to drive and finding a job willing to hire someone who can't prove themselves is hard. I'm thinking about renting a room from someone on Craigslist and trying to make it work if I work my ass off and can afford a few months in advance. I'm looking into moving near her as in within a few miles radius because she's probably getting a car and lives where all the shops and stuff are. It's a big risk cause if things don't work out there then I wont really have anywhere else to go to if I were to come back down here but I kinda want to take the risk it just sucks cause I can't drive so finding a job and finding cheap housing near where all the jobs could be is hard. However, my side job now is writing custom papers for students which I make decent money doing and it's all online work and I make decent money doing that, so that's always a back up. The rooms I'm looking into renting and where she lives are crawling with bus routes also. I'm just on edge about it cause it could work it would just take planning and what not and my gf is afraid that If I move up there and we don't work out that I ruined my life. She knows how many times I've had to move and how unstable my life is and I've finally settled down somewhere and I have health problems and she doesn't want me to have to go through everything all over again as much as she wants me to move but she just doesnt want me to ruin my life, cause she knows we can make it as an LDR but I'm not sure I can wait 4 years. She wants me to move but she's not telling me to, if that makes any sense.

I just really need advice.
    Last edited by loveonspeedial; August 14, 2010, 01:02 PM.
    Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
    Starting Dating: 5.22.09
    Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
    Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
    Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

You're going to need ID. I don't know what country you are ifrom, but you probably don't need a lawyer to get a copy of your birth certificate. In my home country the department of births, deaths and marriages take care of that stuff, but depending where you are the name is probably different. It'll likely be a government office of some kind though, and you can most likely order a copy over the internet or phone. It will be tricky to prove who you are, but not impossible if you know your own details like your parent's full names, your date and place of birth, and that kind of stuff.

Things like your school ID, rent recepits, bank statements, bills all count towards proving who you are. Keep these things. If you're not originally from that country, chances are there's a government office that can issue you some form of paperwork on your immagration status, which also counts as ID.

The only other advice I have is secure yourself a job in her area before you quit the one you have now, and just do your research. Google how much houseing in her area is likely to cost you, look at maps and bus routes and find out what is in your price range and what isn't. Once you fully understand everything and you know exactly what you're looking at, making the decision will be easier.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Since you have a stable job right now, maybe you should stay where you are. You can save money and get the legal stuff situated.

Comment

I would try to fix the legal status first before doing something risky.

Comment

=/ I know, my legal stuff sucks, I've been working on it for 3 years.
          Met: 1.20.09 (At School)
          Starting Dating: 5.22.09
          Been an LDR since: 8.17.10 (3 hours distance)
          Last Time I saw my SO: 10.02.10
          Next time I will see my SO: 10.14.10

Comment

If you are comfortable sharing what country were you born in and where are you now?

Comment

Working...
            X