Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closed the Distance, but suddenly homesick?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closed the Distance, but suddenly homesick?

Hey there everyone- I haven't posted on here in ages! I think before I stopped posting, I was about to visit Liam for the first time. Well, we met, had a great time, and I had to go home again. Probably the hardest thing I've ever had to do, no exaggerating there. We were long distance again from June until September and now I'm back here in Australia!

Yesterday my more long-term visa got accepted. (YAY!) However, this time around I've been feeling a lot more homesick. My family is busy most of the time and can't skype very often. My friends have stopped talking to me almost entirely. I miss everyone back home a lot and it's hard being so far away. I've copped the blame for a lot of things going wrong because I've left. For example, my friend said she won't leave her abusive relationship 'cause I'm gone and she has no one to fall back on.
    I also don't have a lot of friends here except our roommate and another person I don't see or even speak to very often. I guess I feel like I'm kinda stuck in a rut. I can't even go to work because my visa won't allow it. Argh >.< It's driving me nuts. I don't really know what to do.

You are not responsible for the actions of your friend. She is making the choice to remain in an abusive relationship and therefore only her actions are to blame. If she wants to leave then there are plenty of resources available to her.

You need to find things to occupy your time. You sound bored.

Comment

Australia has a lot of cash in hand under the counter work for immigrants. I know it's not a great thing, but it is what it is, so you might be able to take advantage of it. Try gum tree, lots of shady people there A little work, even poorly paid, will help you feel better about yourself.

I feel you though, it's hard, especially when people wont make time for you, or write-off the friendship because you're not physically there. I hope things start looking up for you soon.
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Hang in there! I, too, got/get homesick at times. I think thats a normal part of moving away. I still talk to my closest friends. But we don't Skype/facetime hardly at all. I try to go back every couple months or so. Look into the things Zephii was talking about. Hope things work out to you!

Comment

Working...
        X