Its finally going to happen soon!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its finally going to happen soon!

My SO and I Skype often sometimes several times a day. Today he told me it looks like he may arrive here as soon as the second week of May! His projects have been picking up new clients and one of them is really excited about one of the programs he wrote and wants to use it for their site. Hes run through with the capabilities of his program with the boss and she just wants him to Skype with two of her partners to show them what it can do , but its most likely what theyll choose and after that they have several other projects for him. Also he has several other clients who want him to do sites for them too.

I am so excited because this means we'll be closing the distance once he gets here. I'll have my man with me and he wants to help me with my mom too! We've been waiting a year for this to happen. I know others have and are waiting much longer and I wish the best to all of you. I know how hard it is on all of you and I am very grateful i dont have to send him away again after he gets here. I know that is one of the hardest things from reading other peoples posts. I am lucky and I know it. Im also lucky because Ive known this man for a large part of my life, so I mostly know what Im getting. We met the first time when I was 21 and he was 19, dating off and on through the years. He and my son also know each other which makes it nice too.

Awesome news! Congratulations and I hope everything goes smoothly for all of you!
    Our love story:
    Attended the same high school 2004-2007
    Dated CD: June 2009-July 2010
    Reconnected: August 2012
    Began dating LD: November 2012
    Engaged! March 2014
    Closing the distance: December 2015

Comment

Wow, congratulations ! Wish you all the best

Comment

Wish you all the best and look forward to hear more about the closing
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Thanks for all the well wishes! I will definitely still be on this site afterwards, since I have grown to think of many of you as my friends.I live a rather isolated life caring for Mom and manys the night I have come here to hear about others and get advice! I have been a lot less lonely with all of you here!

Comment

Congrats! All the best to you both

Comment

I'm happy for you! That's wonderful news, and I hope it works out. I understand the caregiving for your mother is draining, as I've been a caregiver for my ex-husband and am doing so now for my mother. It's harder with a parent, because you can't treat them just any old way. My mother is not well, but she still fights to be independent. It makes her angry (angry at me) that she is dependent. We go up and down and all around. I'm glad your SO is willing to help with your mother. That is very admirable and shows his love for you.

Yes, please stay on the forum.

Comment

Woo-hoo!! Fantastic news!!
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Congratulations! You've definitely found yourself a keeper! I would say best of luck, but I don't think luck is the right word. So instead I'll say, best of love!!!
                  "A kingdom for a kiss upon my shoulder."

Comment

Well its down to the wire..He's driving here, but it looks like he'll be here Sunday May 11th which makes it 5 more days!!!!We're both nervous, excited, you name it , but most of all can't wait to see each other! thanks for all the well wishes and Ill still be on here. There is still all that closing the distance stuff!

Comment

WOO-HOO!!!!!
                      February 2012 -- met online
                      August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                      April 2013 -- met in person
                      June 2013 -- broke up
                      July 2013 -- back together
                      August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                      October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                      April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

How exciting! I am very happy for you. I can't wait until I can make that same post. Good luck in your new life!
                        sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

He got held up a few days , but he'll be here next week. Now I'm feeling all blah, but Im hoping I get out of it by the time he gets here. I'm bipolar...these things happen, I guess.

Comment

I am so happy for you and of course a little bit envious. This has been a long time coming for you though! Congratulations!

Comment

Thank you both...hes a good man and we blend well!Heres hoping you guys end up CD soon too!

Comment

Working...
                              X