No announcement yet.

50% Partner Visa Increase - Australia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The increase is ridiculous seeing as it is a 50% increase and we only got told of the increase less than 3 weeks before the increase would be in effect- 1 Jan 2015. Me and my fiancé we're going to start out application in Feb next year when he finished uni so we have been frantically rushing around for the past week like headless chickens trying to lodge our Application in time. Thank god we lodged yesterday, and Cairo embassy said we can upload our evidence over the next 28 days. So we got all the forms and our statements done and uploaded now.

Such a money grabbing move by our government. It's all online now, we have minimum 12 months processing time so I have no idea how they can increase the fee by 50%, it's disgusting!!

Feel so sorry for people who don't know about the increase yet, or who don't have the time to lodge before 1 Jan
    EGYPT's GOT TALENT

Comment

Originally posted by lordpsymon View Post
      Jeebers! O.O
      I hope it's not the same in New Zealand!
      If you close the distance on January 14th you should really look into this I really hope New Zealand is not as bad! Good luck!

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
      First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
      Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
      Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
      Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
      Married: 1/24/2015
      Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

Originally posted by snow View Post
        If you close the distance on January 14th you should really look into this I really hope New Zealand is not as bad! Good luck!
        I looked into it just before... It's only around $360 here thankfully. This thread prompted me to check asap.
        She's on a working holiday visa for a year so that's bought us time to sort out the working visa.
        Last edited by lordpsymon; December 28, 2014, 03:19 PM.
        ---------------
        Closed the distance: 14th January 2015

Comment

Wow..!
          That's a lot of money.
          My SO will move to Aus soon and if he stays, I will move there.
          But I will only finish uni in 2,5 years, so a lot can happen in that time!
          Plus I am planning on doing my internship there as well, so maybe if I work really hard I can get sponsored over.
          But that's all in the future.

There are crazy rules in Holland as well though... Even if we'd get married, I will have to prove that I've had a stable income that will provide for us both over the past 3 years. On top of that I have to be able to prove that I am certain I will have that same salary for at least the next 12 months.

They just make it so hard for international couples to be together!!!
          All they want is to make money of us!

Comment

Working...
          X