Happy In-The-End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy In-The-End

Hi all, I have not contribute much to this forum in the last 2 years but I would like to share my joy and hopefully you all can be inspired by my story and strengthen your beliefs that Long Distance Relationship does have happy endings.

Some of you might have read a thread I have posted in Nov 2013 (really long time ago) seeking help to make my choices. I was in my early thirties and so was he. I am based in China and he is based in Malaysia, both not out our home country. We stuck it out for two years, setting an ultimate end goal of 2 years. It was not easy, like all the LDRs here, there were tears, fights, missing pangs. At the nearing of that 2 years, we sat down and have multiple deep discussion over face to face, text and FaceTime. To decide whose career to sacrifice? Both of us are working professionals who are deeply committed to our career.

It was a tough choice but I made my choice to quit and join him. Decisions are made on sensible facts (not emotional feelings) like which country is closer to our home country, which country is more conducive for raising a family, which country has more affordable healthcare etc. As much as my company couldn't bear to let me go and I tearfully hand in my letter of resignation, jobs come and go, I have been waiting for the right one for thirty over years. I ain't gonna give this one up without at least trying. I know if I let him go, I would regret for the rest of my life not giving us the chance to be together.

I have successfully relocated myself to Malaysia in April this year and we have gotten married in June! Its been a month now and both of us are adjusting in having each other by our sides constantly. At first, we are so afraid of losing our own space (when you are in a LDR, you have plenty of space) and with me unemployed (losing financial independence) and in a new country so afraid of being too clingy but our fears are unfounded, we love each other company and we love to stay indoor. In fact, our current favourite activity is to cuddle up at home and watched all those movies we have missed watching without each other.

I just want to bring this message across to all LDR couples. Take a risk and find out. We stepped out of our comfort zone and found happiness.

Congratulations all the best!

Comment

I hope things develop well for you both! Congrats

~
      It'll take a lot more than words and guns
      A whole lot more than riches and muscle
      The hands of the many must join as one
      And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Congratulations
        I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
        - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

That's a wonderful success story! Maybe we need a success story thread for inspiration to the ones not able to consider closing the distance yet....or even those who think it is hopeless!
          sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Awesome! Congrats!
            Met Online : July 2013
            Met in person : April - May 2014 (3 wks)
            2nd visit : June - August 2014 (2 months)
            3rd visit : December - Jan (2wks)
            Proposal : December 2014
            Closed distance : February 2015
            Married : April 5, 2015

Comment

That's a great story and I'm very glad things worked out so well. Your story will definitely give some hope to other LDR'ers that need it
              Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hi all

Thanks a lot for your well wishes and blessings. One thing for sure, I couldn't made it without determination, faith and of course in forum. As much as I am not contributing advices over here, I do read up success stories in here to cheer me up and to give me strength. My mantra "If others can do it, why can't we?".

And yes, we should have a separate thread that list all the success stories together. Its more than a morale booster, your stories are life savers!

Ongoing, we still have a lot to overcome in our new chapter. As a LDR couple, we didn't have the luxury of cohabiting with each other before we say our vows. But both of us are determine to make it work! We try not to have high expectation of each other, try to learn each other's habits and quirks while constantly evolving around each other. But seriously, loving someone and living with someone is a HUGE difference. I called this period two vines infusing into one.. LOL!

Comment

Working...
                X