No announcement yet.

We are closing the distance!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! We just got approved for our house and the job I really want is calling my references today! Fingers crossed!

Comment

Exciting!!! Congrats!!!

"If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
      - A. A. Milne

Comment

Congrats!
        LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
        Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
        Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Ahh major setback encountered: Got a call from the dream job today to notify me that I am an extremely competitive applicant, therefore they need me to submit my victorian working with children check and send them the submission receipt before they can make a job offer.
          The interstate process requires them to mail me the form, which I should receive on Tuesday. I will then mail it back to them Wednesday via express post. Once they receive it, they advise that I should receive the verified receipt within two weeks of my application being received by the unit. So the quickest way for me to get them a receipt is to wait until I move down as I will get a receipt on the spot. However, they want to make an offer by next Friday! and I definitely want to know earlier than I move down.
          After I had a little freak-out I emailed my potential manager to be to let her know of the situation and she will be chatting with HR this afternoon and will let me know the advised course of action asap.

While it is a good sign that she is going to this effort for me, I am also worried about the implications of not having this paperwork to them earlier. Technically, we can live of Adam's pay for a little while, but things will be very tough, so I am really counting on this job offer. If this falls through I will be searching for retail work until something else comes up, but I'm really not keen on this bureaucratic setback/delay!

Comment

How Sweet!! Congrats!!

Comment

Woot! Got the job!

Comment

Going to pick him up from the airport in 1.5hours!!

Comment

Congrats on getting the job!
                  LFAD Book Challenge: 4/25 Complete
                  Currently Reading: Les Miserables, by Victor Hugo (219/1463 pages read)
                  Total Pages Read This Year: 3283

Comment

Congrats on the job and everything else

Comment

Dear rain,
                      Please eff off. I need to drive to Albury on Saturday and all the towns between Brisbane and Albury are flooded. Serious delay to plans.
                      Everyone on LFAD please do anti-rain dances for central NSW, Australia.
                      Boo.

Comment

Hehehhe (does the dance) congrats!! Also congrats on the job! That's some good stuff!

Comment

Working...
                        X