Willieboy and PurplePirate have a plan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willieboy and PurplePirate have a plan!

Sorry we haven't been around much. The Pirate and I have been so busy being in our LDR that we haven't been able to come here and talk about it.

Anyway, PurplePirate and I have been madly in love with one another for a while now, even if we only admitted it to ourselves and each other on October 1st. We talk on the phone for hours and hours every night. We've only spent 4 days together in person, but we are old enough, experienced enough, and deliberate enough to know that we've found what we're looking for in one another. It seems that every day I'm given one more reason to love her more deeply and to invite her more fully into my life.

Well, to make a long story short, I've bought a ring, and when I visit her the weekend of January 14th I'm going to propose to her. She already knows, and we both know her answer.

But that's not the big news. The big news is that her teaching contract ends in June, and I will be relocating (semi-locally, as part of my job) at the end of June as well. So as soon as I am moved into the new place, I'm buying two one-way tickets to Seattle (one for me, one for my youngest son) in order to get into PurplePirate's car with her daughter and drive us all to southern Illinois where we will be married and begin a new, beautiful life together!

I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am! This is amazing! We will visit with one another a few times between now and then, but that trip is the one I'm really looking forward to.

I feel like I'm going to cry a little now.

That's so wonderful. i'm glad you guys are so happy and that you're so in sync about starting your life together. Eee!

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

That truely is awesome! I am happy for both of you! Congrats!!
      Join the Photography Group Today!

Comment

Congrats on all of this!! That is such exciting news and I'm so happy for you guys

Comment

yayy! thats a great news! congrats!:-)

Comment

I know! I'm so happy!

I'll ask her permission to share a few of her words that she sent to me regarding her decision to move to be with me. In short, she decided on her own, and assures me that I am not responsible for any complications resulting from the move. Her words move me to tears every time I read them.

Comment

That's great news!!!

Comment

Congrats!!! Very happy news!!!!
                NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by willieboy View Post
                  I know! I'm so happy!

I'll ask her permission to share a few of her words that she sent to me regarding her decision to move to be with me. In short, she decided on her own, and assures me that I am not responsible for any complications resulting from the move. Her words move me to tears every time I read them.
                  I'll save you the time asking...go ahead and share away!

Comment

Wow...that's incredible.
                    I got goosebumps reading your post.
                    When you're happy, you're happy!
                    I'm so glad you are going to start an amazing life together...Congratulations to you both, I wish you the best of happiness!

Comment

PurplePirate and I have a private blog that we use to write love letters to one another. Great idea from the "Things for LDR Couples to Do" list. Anyway, when she revealed to me that she would come to live with me, she used our blog to write some astounding things to me.

At no point would you have ever said, "I want you to move here to be with me." Neither could I have ever asked you to move to Seattle to be with me.
                      This is true. I couldn't bring myself to be so forward.

I revealed the Decision to you. Because that's the way it had to happen. It came from a very personal place inside my heart. It was not so much methodical as it was emotional. With my entire soul, I know this is the right decision for us.

I know that you feel the weight of this Decision, and that you feel deeply responsible for what happens next. I want you to know right now that I will never hold this over your head and allow it to damage our relationship. You did not make this Decision, nor did you force me into this Decision. I did it entirely on my own. You need to understand that I'm in a very healthy place. I don't move to Illinois to escape anything. I don't move to Illinois in hopes of finding anything. I simply move to Illinois to be with you and to share your love every day that we live.
                      This is the key. My reasons for sharing her words with you are twofold. Fold one: I just wanted to share how beautiful her decision is. Fold two: I think her words are helpful to all of us who are considering closing the distance. In the phone call that followed, the Pirate told me, "After I move, there will be times that I miss my friends, times I miss my mom, times I miss my job. And you do NOT get to own that. This is my decision and mine alone. If I feel bad sometimes, you don't get to blame yourself for it."

This woman is amazing. I hope her words are helpful to any of you who are considering closing the distance.

Comment

It was a very interesting process...

When we finally gave ourselves permission to admit to our relationship, we avoided the topic of who was going to move. It became known as the Big Decision. We trusted that with time, it would work out. I should say...Willie trusted that it would work out with time....I always struggled with that. I have a very concrete sequential brain and I over-plan things. I created a mental picture of how Willie and I would work it out. I imagined paper, pencils, and pros/cons T-charts. We would sit down together at a table and list everything out. I figured it would be a mathematical solution of looking at which side of the T-chart had more pros listed. We set the timeline for January for us to have the discussion.

Not long after our first meeting, less than a week after I was back home, I realized I was subconsciously working on the decision. It just made sense to me that I be the one to move. It was not mathematical at all, but entirely emotional. And instead of the sick, terrified feeling that I had felt about the possibility of moving, I had a peaceful, loving, optimistic feeling about moving to be with him. I know it's the right decision for both of us. I just wish I could somehow hurry June along...

Comment

Originally posted by purplepirate View Post
                          It was a very interesting process...

When we finally gave ourselves permission to admit to our relationship, we avoided the topic of who was going to move. It became known as the Big Decision. We trusted that with time, it would work out. I should say...Willie trusted that it would work out with time....I always struggled with that. I have a very concrete sequential brain and I over-plan things. I created a mental picture of how Willie and I would work it out. I imagined paper, pencils, and pros/cons T-charts. We would sit down together at a table and list everything out. I figured it would be a mathematical solution of looking at which side of the T-chart had more pros listed. We set the timeline for January for us to have the discussion.

Not long after our first meeting, less than a week after I was back home, I realized I was subconsciously working on the decision. It just made sense to me that I be the one to move. It was not mathematical at all, but entirely emotional. And instead of the sick, terrified feeling that I had felt about the possibility of moving, I had a peaceful, loving, optimistic feeling about moving to be with him. I know it's the right decision for both of us. I just wish I could somehow hurry June along...
                          Hurry up, June!

Comment

Originally posted by willieboy View Post
                            In the phone call that followed, the Pirate told me, "After I move, there will be times that I miss my friends, times I miss my mom, times I miss my job. And you do NOT get to own that. This is my decision and mine alone. If I feel bad sometimes, you don't get to blame yourself for it."
                            There is such truth in these words! They inspire me as well. (I'm also closing the distance in June.)

Congratulations on making steps to close the distance, you two!
                            My heart belongs to a pilot!
                            ~*~
                            ~*~
                            [/center]

Comment

Originally posted by purplepirate View Post
                              It just made sense to me that I be the one to move. It was not mathematical at all, but entirely emotional. And instead of the sick, terrified feeling that I had felt about the possibility of moving, I had a peaceful, loving, optimistic feeling about moving to be with him. I know it's the right decision for both of us. I just wish I could somehow hurry June along...
                              So beautiful. I love this!
                              My heart belongs to a pilot!
                              ~*~
                              ~*~
                              [/center]

Comment

Working...
                              X