• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yay! I am so happy for you two, I am tearing up LOL *hugs*

Comment

YAY! Congrats!!!
      NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Thank you all so much! You have no idea how much your support has meant to us along the way.

It is so wonderful to quit having to worry about if I am going to lose my husband, be alone for pregnancy/birth/first year or longer. That was just too much stress! My days were spent obsessing about that, and throwing up. It's been such an awful time.

I'm really hopeful that our story will help out others facing the K1. It's daunting to look at jumping into the immigration process... we had some good luck, and some set backs, but in the end, the process worked, and start to finish has taken about one year.

Thanks again to each of you! Hugs!! <3

Comment

Originally posted by garnet View Post
          Thank you all so much! You have no idea how much your support has meant to us along the way.

It is so wonderful to quit having to worry about if I am going to lose my husband, be alone for pregnancy/birth/first year or longer. That was just too much stress! My days were spent obsessing about that, and throwing up. It's been such an awful time.

I'm really hopeful that our story will help out others facing the K1. It's daunting to look at jumping into the immigration process... we had some good luck, and some set backs, but in the end, the process worked, and start to finish has taken about one year.

Thanks again to each of you! Hugs!! <3
          Are you kidding? You're story helped me tons, and im sure lots of others too. You two deserve to be together, and I'm so happy that you two will be able to bring the baby home together I cant wait to see pictures.

*go blue team*

Comment

I remember having to go through that process myself just to get my Green card. Man it was a nightmare. 9 months of terror, boredom and joy. Unfortunately because I am not giving up my UK Citizen ship, I have to go through a process to get conditions removed from my green card (another $600), more biometrics and probably another interview *sigh*.

At least we know what we are up against this time and have started getting the required evidence a long time before we have to send off the forms.
            Love is the only thing that can cross all boundaries and cannot be stopped. It crosses countries, continents, oceans and even the stars themselves. It makes peace in the middle of war, and stops hatred in it's tracks. -Anon

Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. - Apostle Paul in his first letter to the Church at Corinth (1 Corinthians 13:3-5)

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Marks View Post
              I remember having to go through that process myself just to get my Green card. Man it was a nightmare. 9 months of terror, boredom and joy. Unfortunately because I am not giving up my UK Citizen ship, I have to go through a process to get conditions removed from my green card (another $600), more biometrics and probably another interview *sigh*.

At least we know what we are up against this time and have started getting the required evidence a long time before we have to send off the forms.
              We'll have to remove conditions too, but I'd sure rather do that than have to do the visa/aos ever again. We are excited for our year and 9 month break now, in the middle. We are going to be putting evidence aside as we go, as well. When it's time to file, hopefully it will be quick and easy.

Comment

Aww Garnet I am soooo happy to read this! I know what a huge stress this was in your life and now you can just focus on that beautiful little navel orange that is growing inside you!
                You give me hope for the day when we apply for our k1

Comment

Congratulations! I'm glad you had a good experience! Kindness goes a long way, I wish more people would realize that!
                  [CENTER]"True love doesn't mean being inseparable; it means being separated and nothing changes."

Comment

Working...
                  X