Thinking ahead to closing the distance - England to US move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xopookie View Post
    I see good luck with everything and your man is soo cute esp. with a british accent He might not have a problem finding a job in the states because don't forget Americans love british accents! They might want to hire him so they can hear talk all day long! He can try getting a customer service job at a call center in your area! He'll be very popular
    XD Funniest thing about that? Place I'll be is just a few minutes outside of Pittsburgh and there's a TON of places in Pitt that either are entirely places dealing with talking on the phone or have a lot of it as a part, and you're probably right. XD Have to say I've never met anyone with any interesting accent around here or around Pitt so very well could be an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Dauntedpoet View Post
      So it sounds like you're looking for K-1 information ?
      Somewhat. Primarily had hoped to find out what other options we may have, but am interested in more info on k-1 too, because it seems like the road we're most likely going to have to go down.
      Originally posted by London-FortCollins View Post
      Has your SO been a student in the last year? If so J1 is an excellent visa, that it seems not too many people know about. (For me its just a kick in the teeth as I didnt go to uni)

Best of luck sweetie. Fingers crossed for you both!
      Unfortunately, no. Did go to uni, 3 years or so I think, and didn't quite finish, but that was back 1996-99ish anyway. And thank you for the positive thoughts. ^_^

Comment

Im in the same situation.. I live in London & want to move to the US.. My SO is in the army & moving 8hours from where he lives.. but weve talked about getting married once he moves & gets himself sorted in a few months.. Does anyone know the age / requirements for us to marry?.. Its so stressful.. Im also leaving my job by this summer & will be staying with him for 90days on the Visa Waiver Program.. {Im being made redundant, not leaving to stay with him so thought it would be a good thing to do before finding a new job}..
        ♥ Sarah Louiise ♥

Comment

Working...
        X