Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I had no idea I was dating a 1000 year old man...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha trethsparr that video is amazing. Sometimes my mom is like this. I know my SO gets upset with me cause he knows way more about computers. I competent at most thing and he's taught me some stuff but like I went to visit for Christmas and had some problems and he's like you have to periodically run virus scans! I'm always getting virus' and make him fix it.ahahaha.

Comment

Haha, sounds exactly like me and my boyfriend, only we're the other way around! So I have to say, be patient, us computer-inept folks are not trying to frustrate you And in the end, for me anyway, makes me feel quite loved when the SO takes 25 minutes to walk me through a process I know he (and any other competant person) could do in two seconds.

Comment

hahaha, this thread cracks me up cause while I'm fully capable of using a computer, the technical terms/fixing stuff is completely out of area of expertise... I often get the from my BF when he tries to explain me something about RAM, MB, IP adresses or installing new software..

Comment

Ya know I was having a really bad day and then I read....

" It was EXCRUCIATING. It was like talking to someone who had never seen a computer before in their life."

.....ROTFLOL....glad everything worked out. Enjoy!
          Love is patient and kind. It does not envy or boast; is not proud, rude or self-seeking. Love is not easily angered and keeps no record of wrongs. It does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. Love always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

~*~Love never fails~*~ 1 Corinthians 13

Comment

Yeah, like she said, my SO isn't THAT bad with computers .. And I ought to be able to handle teh interwebs with me having studied webdesign an' all, but from time to time she's even got ME cornered on a website - sites where I have NO clue what to do or press (yes, there are some baaaaaad websites out there :S ...that, or she's cleverer than me .. nah, must be the websites ... *cough*).

And I can definately relate to you and your mom, Milaya.. With her having questions such as; 'Okay, I'm done writing the email.. how do I send it?' and 'Oh! So I can turn off the monitor without shutting down the computer?' my standard response is: -_-'

..And OMG Trethsparr, is that video BASED on my mom?!?! I totally cracked up when I saw it - it's funny because it's true! ^^

Comment

^Ahh moms XD
              Once my mom called me to tell that the computer was now broken and wouldn't do a thing. (back when I still used my regular PC computer - not a laptop)
              "Mom, what do you mean by it's broken?"
              "The screen is black and it's not responding.."
              "Mom, did you turn on the screen?"
              "... ... You have to turn that on as well?!"

Comment

Me and my guy both work in IT, so we don't have that problem with each other, but we are constantly being asked for "help" in our spare time, cause, you know, we LOVE doing computer support in our spare time off! :P Anyway, for those of you who also get bugged by the less computer literate, check out this site....https://www.teachparentstech.org/. Its a cute site that will send all sorts of informational videos, broken into categories like: The Basics, www, Communication, Media, etc., then with things like Copy and Paste, for instance. Its also pretty good if you're also one of the less-literate. It starts basic, but then goes into some pretty good stuff, like how to shorten long URL's, blogging, resizing pics, transferring files.
                Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
                  My SO can be exactly the same. He has recently gotten the new Skype. So today we were playing rummikub and it took him ages to figure out how to get that mini-video that's always in the foreground, so he could play and still see me.
                  (Fun fact: His grandpa is 87 and he knows how to use skype better than my SO. Fail.)
                  hahahhahhahhaha lmao lmao!! that's funny Grandpa can get down on skype hahha FAIL hahha well my honey has a computer science degree so if I couldn't use the computer it'd be a fail but hahha GO GRANDPA LOL

Comment

Working...
                  X