Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's great! Luck! (:

Comment

Hi! I am in the same situation. I am trying to find my way to get into the US. My good point is that my major was Event Planning and they get it as a Hospitality Management major but I know how you feel when you said that is lots of trouble (Specially for me cause I am not even English-speaker). The hardest point about my situation that I would want to work in Texas which is basicly impossible cause in the southern states ( except Florida) they not really employ international interns or trainees. Kinda fun. At all of the internships you have to be currently in college or graduated in the last 1 year (or have at least 5 years experience). I already had two skype interviews with two company but I don't feel like it's really work out and they are complaining about that I was already a participant in a Cultural Exchange program in the USA (that is also J1 visa) so now I try to get some "normal" work with H1 or 2 visa which is not so easy... People are just not so thrilled about to employ an international person. It's for sure that the key word is relationships... I really hope it will work out for you! Keep going I do the same too

Comment

Hi! I am in the same situation. I am trying to find my way to get into the US. My good point is that my major was Event Planning and they get it as a Hospitality Management major but I know how you feel when you said that is lots of trouble (Specially for me cause I am not even English-speaker). The hardest point about my situation that I would want to work in Texas which is basicly impossible cause in the southern states ( except Florida) they not really employ international interns or trainees. Kinda fun. At all of the internships you have to be currently in college or graduated in the last 1 year (or have at least 5 years experience). I already had two skype interviews with two company but I don't feel like it's really work out and they are complaining about that I was already a participant in a Cultural Exchange program in the USA (that is also J1 visa) so now I try to get some "normal" work with H1 or 2 visa which is not so easy... People are just not so thrilled about to employ an international person. It's for sure that the key word is relationships... I really hope it will work out for you! Keep going I do the same too
        Hello! Was your skype interview for a job or with the sponsorship company? I recently realized that the 'related to field of study' is the decision of the sponsorship company and not a visa regulations so that has helped me a little. This interview that I had for an internship is with a company that seems to be specifically looking for an international student, because they want someone with experience in Europe and European languages. This way your international status is a positive rather than a negative factor. I think for you it might be easier because Hotels seem to favour international students too. I'm just waiting to hear from the company now about a second interview. I had a nightmare last night that I didn't get it and was crying and crying in my dream!

I know what you mean about Texas, because I had the same problem with Nebraska- it's hardly the tourist capital!!! I'm just really placing all my hopes on this internship because it's the only thing I've found where me being international will help, and they were excited that I was English and speak German. If it doesn't work out, I will have to go out on a tourist visa and will maybe stay a few months. But I think it will be quite boring when my SO is in school (he often stays at school for days and days at a time because he's an architecture student) and I will have no source of income....

Comment

Oh, and good luck with the searching!

Comment

It was for actual job (in Florida, no internships closer) but I really had problems about this whole TX. thing, I don't know that I should just start to send e-mails to resorts or hotels in TX try to get in or don't know. I would go out with ESTA too for 3 month but I can't really afford it. I really have to work or something like this if I want to go out which is kinda hard situation but I never give up

Comment

yyaaaaayy i have a second interview for the firm in Nebraska and even better, i don't have to do it visa skype because I am meeting with a sales rep when he comes over to england also now i don't have to worry about it being during my exams as he is coming at the end of june

Comment

Wow! Congrats It's really good news Specially cause you'll have to chance to meet with him in person. Much easier to make a good effect on them I hope one of those will work out for you! I just send out about 50 e-mails today to different hotels / event planning companies to craving for an intership )) Hope someone will be nice

Comment

Update: I got the internship!! woooo

Comment

omg YAY!
                    Ann

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

WOW! Well done you! Woop woop!
                        Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Ha!!! It worked out for me too!!! I gonna move to the US in two month! So excited!

Comment

Working...
                          X