moving for your s/o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

moving for your s/o

Would you move for your S/O without an engagement ring?

I am in a month We haven't discussed marriage, but we have talked about spending the rest of our lives together!

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
    Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

I would do it, but for legal issues I can't (I would need a visa for that... Main time my visa attach me to my university so I can't)

Comment

What made you decide to move before engagement? What do your parents think?
        Last edited by rusty15; September 14, 2011, 09:51 PM. Reason: figured it out

Comment

I am, the engagement ring means nothing to me, in fact I'd rather live with him first before we got engaged/married the reason why? Marriages are like cars, you need to test drive them before you purchase. I'd hate to be stuck in a marriage with someone and be so put off with their sloppy lifestyle ect. And yes I say stuck because I believe in sticking to wedding vows, until death do us part. Unless you're being abused or something like that.

Notes:
          Met: 8.17.09
          Started Dating: 8.20.09
          First Met: 10.2.10
          Closed the Distance: 8.9.14

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm in no rush to get married again. That said, I'm not against the idea, and chances are we'll have to get married if we want to close the distance (international couple that we are).

Comment

Well, I'm moving before engagement because I don't want to be engaged for long before I get married (like a year at the most!) and I don't want to get married before I'm through school and in a career, so that'll be another few years down the road... But I love my SO and I want to do anything to be with him. He'll also be moving to be with me, and that says a lot to me. I know we're both committed to making this work, so engagement would be exciting, but it's not necessary for me!
              My mum is completely on board, but my grandma pretends not to hear me when I mention it lol.

---------- Post added at 10:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 PM ----------

Well, I'm moving before engagement because I don't want to be engaged for long before I get married (like a year at the most!) and I don't want to get married before I'm through school and in a career, so that'll be another few years down the road... But I love my SO and I want to do anything to be with him. He'll also be moving to be with me, and that says a lot to me. I know we're both committed to making this work, so engagement would be exciting, but it's not necessary for me!
              My mum is completely on board, but my grandma pretends not to hear me when I mention it lol.

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
              Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

yes i would move without being engaged. Mostly because I know our relationship is strong and is moving forward, that he does want to marry me one day and its leading to that. I don't mind waiting to be his wife, just hate waiting to be with him.
                I love you Nathan <3
                sigpic
                5/25/09 <3

Comment

Yes. I want to live with my SO as girlfriends first and then as fiances and then as wives .

Comment

Definitely, but unless something happens within the next month and a half, we'll be moving in together after we get married.

Comment

I don't ever want to get married, so it's all okay!

Comment

Yes.
                        Everything kteire said, well almost.
                        I want to get engaged about a year or a year and a half prior to the wedding, just as long as it takes to properly plan everything. I don't see the points of super long engagements.
                        Ring or not, I would never move anywhere for my boyfriend, where I wouldn't want to live on my own as well. Maybe it's just me being a mean cow, but I'm pretty sure I'd end up resenting my boyfriend for it, if I didn't really want to live there. If I don't like where I'm living a ring isn't going to change that.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Of course.

Comment

I've been living with my boyfriend for the past 3 months. I'm going to have to go back to the US (he lives in England) in a month, but I've been here for about as long as I could. I would live with him before we got married if I came back on a fiancee visa.
                            "I'll hold you in my heart till I can hold you in my arms again."

"It's supposed to be hard! If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard...is what makes it great! -A League of Their Own

Met: August 22, 2010
                            Made it official: September 17, 2010
                            Got engaged: January 15, 2012
                            Our First Visit: November 18, 2010-November 28, 2010
                            Our Seventh (and Last) Visit: November 10, 2012-November 24, 2012
                            Got married: November 21, 2012
                            Big Wedding Date: May 25, 2013
                            Closed the Distance: June 2, 2013

Comment

Well, I'm married now (and haven't moved, yet, because of school)

Being an international couple, we would need a marriage to live together (no fiance visa in Japan) so... it's hard to really answer that question.
                              But, in theory... yes.
                              I would probably don't mind moving without an engagement ring ... and long as we we're clear on the whole "we want this relationship to last" kinda of talk. I wouldn't like to move and then he a month later tells me "I'm sorry, but I actually don't think I'm ready for this relationship right now, sorry".

Comment

Working...
                              X