What to Get a 15-Year-Old Boy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Get a 15-Year-Old Boy?

Anyone have a brother/brothers who can help me out with this one?

I'm going with the old standby - chocolate - but I want something else, and my partner is terrible whenever I go to him for ideas. I've done it a couple times before and got "I dunno" each time. Men. :P

I was considering something for the Xbox (like a gift card), but I'm not sure if my partner is getting him something Xbox-related for Christmas and I don't want to repeat... But since it's my partner and his brother and this is understandably going to be an extremely difficult Christmas, I don't want him to feel left out on top of already going through what he is, so I'm putting him together a box too, though a smaller one than my partner. It's about a standard-sized shoebox and so I'm wondering what other things I can fill it with? I don't have brothers, so I'm wondering if someone here can be of help. :P
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Anything from Gamestop/video game store of your choice essentially. That place is always packed with teenage boys.
    I know a lot of my guy friends at that age/now were/are really into skateboarding sweatshirts. I'm not entirely sure why. Very comfy though.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
    Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
    Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
    Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
    Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Do you happen to know off the top of your head if games have regions like DVDs? I know I have to order what DVDs I send my partner off Amazon.co.uk due to him being in Europe and me being in America. If games are more or less universal, I could ask my partner if there's any he's been wanting.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

I wasn't sure so I quick googled it. It seems like some do and some don't.
        https://www.gamespot.com/forums/topic/25461247
        Hope that helps!

---------- Post added at 11:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

You can also buy the games off of the UK Amazon! This is of course assuming he's into video games but very few teenage guys aren't.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
        Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
        Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
        Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
        Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

Fail. I had a weird double-post thing, deleted one, and now both are gone...

In essence I'd said he's a pretty big gamer. I could order something from Amazon and might do. I suppose I simply love personalising things and am a little bit of a control freak when it comes to gift giving... I love handwrapping things and decorating the boxes I send them in and adding quirky little touches, which I can't do via Amazon, but I suppose he'd be happy to receive something in the mail either way. :P It may be where I end up including some chocolate in the box I send to my partner and then send his brother's gift via Amazon.

I also thanked you for the list.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

vieo game things. a cover for his cellphone, if he has an iphone, there are maany options of covers of something he may like, specially if he is a geek.

my broter is 16, and i dont think he is a good example for that, he only wears esigner clothes and shoes, wereas i dont care tat much about where my ckothes come from, as long as they look good on me.

and wat he likes are, clothes, shoes, perfums (dont think you can go wrong with that, ask your partner what perfum his brother wears, so you can buy him a new bottle), iphone stuff, video game stuff. girls, haha (though i dont think you can give him a girl for christmas!)

wallets, money, violent movies. hmm.

i guess thats about it.

and really sweet of you to do this for him as well. you are a darling Eclaire.
            our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

yeah i have two brothers ones 12 and the others 3 but both love video games lol have cousins and a uncle all love video games. I think most teen boys love this, and if you don't know which even just a gift card for something like game stop. I don't think you could go wrong with this.
              I love you Nathan <3
              sigpic
              5/25/09 <3

Comment

@Engel -- Hahaha, that image is hilarious. I can see myself sitting in the window of an ice cream or coffee shop doing what an old friend and I used to call "window shopping" - she had a very conservative mother yet was completely boy crazy, perhaps naturally, so we came up with the code word for when she wanted to scope out "hot bay area boys" - and look for a girl I find would work well enough. Then I'd subtly follow her until I got her alone (hoboy, I sound creepy) at which point I would pull out the tranquiliser gun I totally own and tranquilise her like some wild animal for a breeding program at the zoo. Then I'd wrap her in some nice christmas paper after using some festive duct tape to seal her hands up, put her in a box, and ship it to him. Maybe I'd even put her in Christmas lingerie. I'm sure he would be thrilled, if not slightly creeped out and terrified of me and America... (do I still seem like a darling?)

But on a less creepy note, I thought about gift cards, which kiara_silver also mentioned, and money. Any idea where you can exchange money nowadays? I don't usually exchange money when I travel, as using the ATMs in the country I'm travelling to gives me the best/most updated exchange rates. :P

@kiara_silver -- Haha, I'm starting to become more and more convinced that video games are the way to go... He games a lot on his computer and the Xbox and I believe they have another console as well, so it might be worth talking to my partner about and seeing if there's anything he's not getting his brother that I can consider.
                { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
                to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
                  @Engel -- Hahaha, that image is hilarious. I can see myself sitting in the window of an ice cream or coffee shop doing what an old friend and I used to call "window shopping" - she had a very conservative mother yet was completely boy crazy, perhaps naturally, so we came up with the code word for when she wanted to scope out "hot bay area boys" - and look for a girl I find would work well enough. Then I'd subtly follow her until I got her alone (hoboy, I sound creepy) at which point I would pull out the tranquiliser gun I totally own and tranquilise her like some wild animal for a breeding program at the zoo. Then I'd wrap her in some nice christmas paper after using some festive duct tape to seal her hands up, put her in a box, and ship it to him. Maybe I'd even put her in Christmas lingerie. I'm sure he would be thrilled, if not slightly creeped out and terrified of me and America... (do I still seem like a darling?)

But on a less creepy note, I thought about gift cards, which kiara_silver also mentioned, and money. Any idea where you can exchange money nowadays? I don't usually exchange money when I travel, as using the ATMs in the country I'm travelling to gives me the best/most updated exchange rates. :P

LOL, I bet this is the perfect christmas gift for many many boys, a hot foreigner chick in christmas lingerie. XD

I know my brother would be thrilled. ;p

on the less creepy note, i dont think you can send money by te post. i know you cant in germany, or to germany.

and look on etsy, they have even the option to refine your search by settling a budget. And it can be delivered to him already, instead of being sent to you to be sent to him afterwards. and they seem to have EVERYTHING in there. i really can spend hours etsy'ing.

---------- Post added at 08:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post

LOL, I bet this is the perfect christmas gift for many many boys, a hot foreigner chick in christmas lingerie. XD

I know my brother would be thrilled. ;p

on the less creepy note, i dont think you can send money by te post. i know you cant in germany, or to germany.

and look on etsy, they have even the option to refine your search by settling a budget. And it can be delivered to him already, instead of being sent to you to be sent to him afterwards. and they seem to have EVERYTHING in there. i really can spend hours etsy'ing.
                  our story.

sigpic

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

Some of te videogame related findings:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6270739...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8697870...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8384239...ref=v1_other_2

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6212781...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8394105...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6644696...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8742266...=all&ga_facet=

https://www.etsy.com/listing/8082067...=all&ga_facet=
                    our story.

sigpic

Comment

Awww every one already said video games. For most boys video games are the go to. If he like model planes or something similar you could get him that though most kids nowadays aren't too into stuff like that teehee. I think if you know some more of his interests besides video games then you could go from there. I would think video game accessories or just gaming accessories would be nice, but find out what he's into then go from there. It's still nice of you to do this for him. I can see through your creepiness you know I also think Ellen's idea of tee's and sweats are nice. If you know what kind of bands he likes then a band tee or 2 would be awesome. Also caps or cool hats in general. When I buy for my guy friends I usually buy them a tee or two, a hat, their fave candy/chocolate and a nice hand made card

Comment

@Engel -- We can send money through the post here but I've never tried internationally, and it's usually better to send a cheque, though that's to prevent the mail from getting "lost" and the money being stolen.

Also, I appreciate the searching, linking, and sharing! :P I don't even game and I find some of those things nifty. Loving the Yoshi ornament... Yoshi is like, my favourite character out of anything ever - one of them, anyway. Not sure why. XD

@yayagrl -- If you can see through my creepiness, then maybe the police will and I'll get off easy. *grins sweetly* But no, the issue is we are both very shy people, so even though I spent time over there for a month, we probably associated all of twice, and that was passively, mostly him and his brother talking and me sitting there listening awkwardly... Thank you for all your ideas though. They're helpful!
                        { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning

Our Story

Our Happily Ever After
                        to be continued...

Comment

when the SO was 16, going on 17 (wow that was ages ago!!) i gave him a DIY book. he still uses it

Comment

Working...
                          X