No announcement yet.

Wrong present? :-( Pendent for man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think that is an awesome gift/idea. I am sorry that it didnt go as you had planned it. I mean, but it is a cultural thing so I wouldn't take it to personally. I am sure that he will look at it and smile. Men in the US wear all kinds of jewelry... and i had never heard that german men dont. But hey, you learn something new everyday.
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

I think it maybe an individual preference and/or a cultural thing. I know my SO would never wear jewelry except a watch. He also won't wear hats of any kind, except his motorcycle helmet, and one kind of winter cap he has. There are a litany of things that just wouldn't fit with who he is and his style, BUT it took me 12 years of knowing him to learn all these things. Try not to let it hurt your feelings.. and hugs.

Keychain is an awesome idea!

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

Ok, just to keep you updated. We talked on Skype and I suggested him the idea of the key chain. He did it nad wore it in him jeans pocket for a couple of days. After that he told me that unfortunately it got sticky (because of the spray I put to make it waterproof) and broke. At that point we laught about it! We couldn't do anything else, and i was not hurt anymore. it was just destiny Now I know a little bit more about him, and I will keep that in mind for the next presents!

Comment

Originally posted by Kiara View Post
          Ok, just to keep you updated. We talked on Skype and I suggested him the idea of the key chain. He did it nad wore it in him jeans pocket for a couple of days. After that he told me that unfortunately it got sticky (because of the spray I put to make it waterproof) and broke. At that point we laught about it! We couldn't do anything else, and i was not hurt anymore. it was just destiny Now I know a little bit more about him, and I will keep that in mind for the next presents!
          Oops! Glad the situation had a positive outcome!

Comment

I think that present is amazing, amazing, amazing. I can't believe he didn't appreciate it - regardless of the "cultural" boundaries. I'm sorry <3

Comment

Working...
            X