Buying and sending a birthday present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying and sending a birthday present

I'm looking for a great gift to send my boyfriend for his birthday, which is about 2 months from now.
    (Take note, I've sent him two cards three weeks ago and they still haven't reached him as the post office told me that it's peak season.)

I have at the most a month to look for the perfect gift.
    (I have college and my theatre class is getting in the way)

But here's are some things:
    • I can't buy anything online
    • I know his favorite cartoons and anime series (yup, we're both kids at heart)
    • He'd like to learn more about my country
    • Gift item must be $12 and below
    • Said gift item must be 500g maximum(anything that is 251g to 500g costs about $19.75)
    • I'm very busy until February 18. Then, I'll be plain ol' busy, so I'll have to shop IN town

I've already have some ideas, but I don't mind asking for a little help.
    (I've got another greeting card, but I want something more interactive for him)

Other than that, I don't know how to make a parcel if I get him a book-type item or a firgurine-type item.

Joined in 2012. Restarted in 2017!

You could get him a guide book for where you live and write a little letter saying how he is going to need it when he comes to visit!

Comment

make him an i miss you box,
      include
      kisses
      his favorite candy
      something you both like
      a new tee shirt
      a sweet note
      a sexy note
      a mixed cd

instead of getting him one good thing why dont you get him a lot of cute things. Just an idea

Comment

Originally posted by Jenna View Post
        You could get him a guide book for where you live and write a little letter saying how he is going to need it when he comes to visit!
        Well, the bookstore I know that has great guide books is in another town, but I guess I could get him that for our anniversary or the holidays.

Originally posted by elizabethjp2010 View Post
        make him an i miss you box,
        include
        kisses
        his favorite candy
        something you both like
        a new tee shirt
        a sweet note
        a sexy note
        a mixed cd

instead of getting him one good thing why dont you get him a lot of cute things. Just an idea
        Hmmm...that's a great idea!

Well...he seems to like Reeses a lot but I could'nt find any in this town.
        Instead of notes, I could send drawings.
        Not sure about sending a shirt and a cd...maybe not...
        (I'm already planning to e-mail silly video montages of me doing random everyday things, but I haven't the time to finish compiling them)

Well, thanks for giving me ideas!
        But I'm always open for more options!

Comment

Maybe send him a tshirt you've slept in for a few nights so it smells like you?
          I really like the guidebook idea, especially if he'll be visiting you. My mom got me a guidebook to where my boyfriend lives and I LOVE it.

Comment

If by not knowing how to put together a parcel you mean you're not sure what you can use to send it, anything works, really. I tend to use shoeboxes, old food boxes, etc. and then I wrap them in duct tape to cover up the brand names and make it post-safe to send. :P I have also cut cardboard strips and again, duct taped them around the gift. You can also wrap it in a brown paper bag, face/store brand side down, and then use duct or packing tape to seal it. I tend to recycle old boxes I already as opposed to going to the post office to get a box, put it together, and potentially having to pay for it; you can also draw little designs and such on the duct tape or brown paper bag which sometimes adds a nice touch. :P Just don't draw along the top where the addresses go.

Other than that, I agree with what's been said. You could put together some candies, a figurine, some letters/drawings, etc. I tend to avoid mix CDs and such myself, but some other silly little things I've sent have been things that are reminiscent of where I live (I sent him seaweed, seashells, and a muscle shell I took off the beach) and I sent a shirt that I'd worn to bed every night for a while, so it smelled like me. For my ex, I once did a picture tour. I took two disposable cameras and took a camera tour of where I live, my street/neighbourhood, my town, and then downtown. He loved it and it was a great way of showing him my world/connecting with him and making him feel like he was a part of where I live.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 PM ----------

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
            I really like the guidebook idea, especially if he'll be visiting you. My mom got me a guidebook to where my boyfriend lives and I LOVE it.
            Haha, I didn't see yours before I posted mine. Psychic posts ftw!
            { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
            Met online: February 2009
            Feelings confessed: December 2010
            Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
            Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
            First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
            Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
            Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
            Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
            to be continued...

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
              Oh yes...but instead of a shirt, I should try a smaller piece of cloth-type item...a handkerchief perhaps?
              I'd insert it in my shirt and put it on my back or on my chest. XD
              The guidebook can wait. I'll go look for it during the summer, when I have the time.

Originally posted by Eclaire View Post
              If by not knowing how to put together a parcel you mean you're not sure what you can use to send it, anything works, really. I tend to use shoeboxes, old food boxes, etc. and then I wrap them in duct tape to cover up the brand names and make it post-safe to send. :P I have also cut cardboard strips and again, duct taped them around the gift. You can also wrap it in a brown paper bag, face/store brand side down, and then use duct or packing tape to seal it. I tend to recycle old boxes I already as opposed to going to the post office to get a box, put it together, and potentially having to pay for it; you can also draw little designs and such on the duct tape or brown paper bag which sometimes adds a nice touch. :P Just don't draw along the top where the addresses go.
              This!
              Thanks for giving me these tips!
              I've looked at a school supply store earlier today and saw that they had plain, cardboard shoe boxes!
              Of course, they had printed ones as well, but the prints on them were too feminine, lol!

I've also look at a store across it, one that sells Anime/Cartoon/Comic/Gaming figurines and I'm probably going to buy from there since I've seen at least one character from a series he likes.

In other news, he just received the cards and letters I sent him about 3 weeks ago and he loved it!

Comment

Working...
              X