abit frustrated....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

abit frustrated....

so... i have about 65 quid in the bank.... 65 quid = lasting through till september so i dont have much to spare.

now i have given him some heartfelt gifts and a lovely card, but i really feel as though i can give him more... n i really want to... which is why im so frustrated because of this money problem. i hate clicking the "cheapest price first" button. i want to tick "most expensive and extravagant" button. if there is one.

so he has given me some beautiful flowers, they are so lovely (heh at first i had to put them in the kitchen because of hayfever, but its all cool now!)

he jokingly said "oh and someone didnt give me flowers...."

but now i want to get him flowers. but they are so expensive i just dont have the money even if i tried. and i feel so low because i love him so much but i just dont have any way of showing it. when i buy stuff for him i want to go all out (i spend around 150 quid when its his bday/christmas (they are 24th and 25th of december lol))
    but this valentines day... about 30. and the necklace i gave him broke.

what do i do??

he comes home for a lil while on saturday. i am going to cook him spag bol (our couple meal :3) and just go all out... mum doesnt mind paying for food...

but what can i give him? i want to give him flowers but they seem to be too expensive (UGH!!)

what kind of DIY thing can i do? i need help :/

thanks

p.s heh ive thought about booking a hotel room... only about 21 quid... but he has this thing with sleeping in his own bed when he is back home which is abit cute. :P
    and im in the process of making a memory stick full of stuff, including a love letter and some songs he wanted he doesnt know im doing that yet. i wouldve sent it for valentine's day but i have a thing about putting expensive things in post boxes (the postbox could get burnt down... happened to mum with her childhood photos )

I am sure he understands that you don't have lots of money, and honestly I think spending the little you have on gifts would be silly. Making him dinner sounds nice, maybe follow with a board game or drinks? There are lots of free things you can do that mean even more then dead pretty plants that don't last longer then a week. The memory stick is a good idea

Comment

If you wanted to do flowers, too, another idea would be to pick some somewhere. :P If you have a garden, you can pick some off of there or a park, you could always take some from there too. No state flowers though; you probably want to keep it legal. But you could either have wildflowers in a bouqet for him on Saturday or you could collect them between now and Saturday and press them in between book pages and then decorate the table with dried flowers, or send him dried flowers in the mail. Since he was semi-teasing about you not getting him the flowers, you could semi-tease him back about how you're sending him a starving student's version of flowers. I would try and lighten up about it, though, and not worry about spending what you money have because he made a joke.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

Have you ever made sugar flowers? I'm sure your local baker/supermarket has the sugar flowers and if you go get green "stem" from a craft store you could make him a dozen roses for under 5 bucks =D

Comment

Why not try make some origami flowers? Like write a love letter and fold it into a flower shape? Or a bouquet of them. there are plenty of tutorials online I should imagine.

EDIT: For example: https://www.origami-instructions.com...ma-flower.html

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
          <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
          The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
          <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
          <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
          Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
          Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X