Book Scavenger Hunt!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Book Scavenger Hunt!

Ok, so I didn't really know what to call this, but I am SO excited about it!

It's super cheap to make, and it takes some time to complete. (I love working on projects for my SO because that's just more time spent thinking about him.)
    anyways...
    - you start with a book - ANY book. (I bought mine at the dollar store, but it could be a random book you have, or even a cheap used book)
    - Write out what you want to say to your SO on a separate sheet of paper.
    - Look through the book for the words you want to say (one word per page) and write the page number next to the word on your separate sheet of paper.
    - Once you have found all the words you want for your note, go through the book and highlight/underline the words.
    - Go to the front of the book and write enough spaces for the words of your note, and write the page number the word is found on underneath the line.

When he gets the book he will have to look for the page numbers and highlighted words to complete your note.
    I loved working on this, so I hope maybe it will help someone else

This is what mine looks like!
    Last edited by dglynn77; March 23, 2012, 10:01 AM. Reason: couldn't attach pic properly... lol

I like it. I've seen a similar idea where you write the page number line and word in the line 156.2.14 (page, line, place of word in the line) Might take a bit longer then your idea, but maybe something to try once he figures out the book you send!

Comment

That's a cool idea too! I hadn't thought of that.
      I was trying to make this difficult enough to be fun, but not so hard that he'd give up lol
      I am using it to ask my boyfriend to the Senior Day activity at my school
      (I wrote more about it here)
      https://members.lovingfromadistance....r-my-boyfriend!!!

Thanks for the idea!!!
      Last edited by dglynn77; March 23, 2012, 10:26 AM. Reason: double post... oops :)

Comment

Ah, that's original I may indeed try it at some point - thanks for sharing!

Comment

I love this idea! When I was a kid I used to take SkyMalls and write notes to people in the margins and make them flip through the pages. Like, "Hi! how are you? turn to page 23" and etc. Once in a while we would pass the magazines back and forth and that's how we passed notes. This reminds me so much of that!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

such a creative idea! thank you

Comment

Love it! Not sure he'd be into it, but I may do one for the fun of it and if he likes it, he likes it, and if he doesn't, he doesn't. Thank you for sharing!
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

This is awesome. I must find an excuse to do this >.>
                Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

UPDATE: I had a note in an envelope glued in the back of the book. The secret message in the front was supposed to direct him to read the note. He cheated and started with the note. Fail. LOL
                  I had so much fun making it though!!! And he felt bad and then finished the puzzle the right way lol

Comment

What a groovy idea!

Comment

Working...
                    X