Sending flowers to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending flowers to work?

So I got this idea to send my SO flowers at her work. She works as a lifegaurd and swim instructor and her classes are ending soon and I thought it might be sweet to do this.

Have any of you done this before? Or received flowers at work?
    Im worried it might be a little embarassing for her or ever worse, they may give it to the wrong person

I'm not sure I'd want to get flowers at work. Maybe if she worked in an office but there might not be anywhere for her to put them at a swimming pool.

Comment

I love getting flowers at work! If she has a place to admire them, such as an employee lounge, or breakroom, I say go for it. Don't worry about the flowers being delivered to the wrong person. Flower delivery guys and gals know what their doing. You could also talk to one of her co-workers if you're comfortable with that - or, call up her place of employment anonymously and find out if there is a reception area where the flowers can be delivered.

Or, just send them to her home. Most women love getting flowers - doesn't matter where they're delivered!
      *Our World of Warcraft Love Story*

Comment

Thanks for the advice. I've sent flowers to her house before but I wanted to try something different. I know work has been stressing her out lately so I thought I might try to cheer her up there

Comment

Flowers at work are a big yes...I love getting flowers at work

Comment

My SO sent me flowers at work once. It was a really nice surprise and brightened up the rest of my day. I say go for it!

Comment

I wouldn't personally want to get flowers at work. I feel like I'd feel a bit awkward and embarrassed, and this would be especially true depending on the age I worked with. For example, I work as tutor, currently with high school and college students (have tutored younger grades, however), and I tend to keep my relationship pretty private, simply because the younger they are, the more likely they are to poke fun at it and the older they are, the more nosy they seem! It would be different if I were working with adults, but as I work with kids, flowers would probably feel more awkward and embarrassing. However, that's me. It may not be her. You know her better than anyone. If she has the tendency to be more discreet/feel more privately, then I would probably opt out of it, but if she tends to be the type of person who's a bit more carefree, then I say do it.
              { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
              Met online: February 2009
              Feelings confessed: December 2010
              Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
              Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
              First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
              Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
              Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
              Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
              to be continued...

Comment

So I went through with it. I got a text a couple hours later saying she liked them and that the flowers were beautiful
                Thanks for the advice guys

Comment

Aww, that's sweet. I'm not surprised she appreciated the gesture, I'd love it if my SO sent me flowers! I don't hold out much hope though; he's one of those guys who thinks buying flowers are a waste of money Would it be weird if I had some sent to him sometime? I have no idea what he'd make of it but I'm tempted to find out...

Comment

I got flowers twice in my life.
                    That one time from a friend to cheer me up cuz i was alone for Vday.
                    And a few weeks ago when I lost my job, my current bf sent me flowers at home.

And personally, receiving them at work or home doesn't matter much.
                    I was just so happy that someone somewhere cared.
                    And they were so pretty~! : )
                    I love it~!
                    ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Working...
                    X