Christmas countdown :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas countdown :)

Ok, so there are 177 days until Christmas...is anyone already plotting, umm, planning? I'm tossing around ideas and none seem like a good fit. Don't laugh, I already took care of his November bday gift, haha.

Yay i'm not the only one!!! I plan months in advance lol. I make most of my gifts so I need to give myself plenty of time. Last year I didn't and I spent christmas eve finishing up everyone's presents lol

Comment

I always plan super early on because his birthday is 5 December, so I try my best to make sure I have something special for each occasion, even if it'd be easy to toss it all into one.
      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
      Met online: February 2009
      Feelings confessed: December 2010
      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
      to be continued...

Comment

I plan presents months in advance too Christmas and my SO's birthday are less than a week apart, so I give myself a fair amount of time to shop around for stuff I think he'd like. I already have an idea of what I'm going to buy him this year!

Comment

his bday is the 24th, christmas is the 25th (no sh*t :P ) and then 26th we see his auntie n uncle.

so that means around 60 quid on his bday, 60 quid at christmas, n then about 20 quid sorting out presents for his mum, auntie n uncle...

i think this year i shall do something different though. i might just give him a date on a piece of paper, a random date to him, n then tell him to keep that safe n tell me a week before the date about the piece of paper. then on that date ill drive up to see him

Comment

I haven't even begun to think about what my SO might like for Christmas! Good for you though, planning way ahead! This year I'm hoping that we'll be able to close the distance around Christmas-time, so hopefully that will be our present this year.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
            Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
            Progress: Working on it.

Comment

So happy I'm not the only one either, haha. I really hope that one of these days getting to see each other is the gift for Christmas or birthdays. Not to say he wouldn't also get a gift (dying to see his expression when he opens the gift), but there is something even more special about spending that time with the person. *sigh* His bday gift is practically in the bag, just some minor things to get like boxes and wrapping paper and then off to FedEx with it to overnight the day before his bday. I have an idea for Christmas, but it's not playing out in my head like I want it to...at least not yet, haha. My friends say I should just FedEx myself with a big red bow and be done with it, lol.

Comment

I'm hoping to have my tickets booked to visit my SO for Christmas. That's the plan at least.

Comment

im hoping we still together by then n maybe ill get some time off work too since he has a lot of 96s off for the holidays n we'll spend it together with his family.
                  i know that its like %90 sure that in November we might spend the whole month together since Nov 8th is my BD and the 10th its the Marines Birthday Ball so im pretty exited

Comment

Oh god I haven't even thought of Christmas yet. Although I am throwing around the possibility of staying with my SO for a month in December after classes get out. So we will hopefully celebrate Christmas together this year (and New Year's).

Comment

Yay! It's not just me!!!
                      I completely obsess about gifts. If it is not absolutely perfect for that person, then I panic and can't find anything at all!
                      His birthday is Nov. 12, Christmas is Dec. 25, and our 1 year anniversary is Dec. 26. All three of those dates are very important to me, so I want to make sure I celebrate each of them correctly and separately. Everywhere I go I am looking for gift ideas. I am not expecting to find the exact gift, but I am hoping something I see triggers my crazy mind to the right path that will lead me to THE gift lol

Comment

I am always finding stuff that I would buy for other people. I'm like "Write it down! Or pintrest it for later". Lol I love buying presents!

Whilst we were buying my sister-in-law's birthday present in June, I found something I want to get my mother-in-law for Christmas There is a store in Ann Arbor which sells all of this: www.magneticscrapbookstore.com You buy a magnetic board and can buy all sorts of different magnets, letters etc to attach photos to and make a scrapbook page on your wall. It's awesome because you can buy for different seasons and just switch them out when you want!

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Because my SO doesn't have much money, and I'm the one who does all the visiting at the moment, we don't really exchange presents. I usually take her out somewhere nice when we celebrate birthdays and stuff. For Christmas, I'll probably try and get a small present that will mean a lot to her.
                          ~McNab

My Story
                          Met first time (in person) October 2011
                          Unofficially together since November 2011
                          Officially together February 2012
                          First visit (me to her): 25 Feb 2012 - 22 March 2012
                          First visit (her to me): 28 Dec 2012 - 11 Jan 2013
                          Broke up January 2014
                          Got back together June 2016

Comment

Working...
                          X