Goodbye gift

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodbye gift

My SO and I are going long distance really soon and we want to buy each other something to remind us of, well, us. Now, I know he'll probably get me jewellery, but what do I buy for a guy?
    We're 17, I don't want to get anything too fancy like a watch or something, but I don't think a keychain is enough. I want it to be something he'll always have with/on him, but I have absolutely no idea what that could be. Any advice?

My SO and I had only been together for 6 months when we exchanged LFAD bracelets. He still wears his daily. Perhaps you could consider the same? Or getting him a more "masculine" bracelet if he has an issue with wearing one with "Love knows no distance <3" stamped on it? I know not all men like jewellery, but a simple bracelet would certainly be reminiscent of you, it's not as fancy/pricey as a watch, and there are some nice gender neutral designs if he/you wanted to keep things subtle.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

I made my SO a leather bracelet, it was like intertwined leather. He wore it for 6months in a lab before it broke which is pretty impressive even if i do say so myself! It was made from leather laces and jewellery wire. Just an idea.

Comment

there is nothing like a leather bracelet , it's not expensive besides it's so beautiful on the hand

Comment

it could be also a ring ..no so expensive though or a bracelet with each other initials ,)

Comment

You could some how leave your perfume/cologne on something right before you leave.
            What I did was buy a mini travel bottle and put some perfume in it and he still has it (months and months later) and it still smells like me!
            sigpic
            We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
            Second Visit-12.17.11
            Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

Originally posted by maddallena View Post
              My SO and I are going long distance really soon
              Same here (we're also both 17). I don't know if he's doing anything for me but what I did for him was I went out and bought a t-shirt and a sweater.

That's the t-shirt. In each of the boxes I wrote something related to each of those emotions. (He really like Star Wars)

And then with the sweater I made sure it was really comfy and on the sleeve I'm writing: "I love you I don't know what else I can say that means more than that but the words don't seem to cover it. You make me smile, make me feel beautiful, and make me happy in a million different ways. I love everything about you, from your faces to who you are as an entire person That person is patient, understanding, trusting, honourable, and dedicated. I love you Nathan If you ever need me I'll find a way to get home to you <3"

I'm also leaving him the rest of my perfume so he can keep them smelling like me I'm giving him two things mainly because his parents are divorced and so he has two houses. This way he can keep one at each

Comment

when my boy left last time I gave him a LFAD bracelet which he's been wearing every day for six months now. I also made him a drawing of us that I collaged with some maps and wrote some lyrics on it, which he has on the wall next to his bed. neither thing cost much, but both were really meaningful gifts, I'd say that's the way to go! he didn't get me anything in particular when he left, but he got me a really pretty ring for christmas that I wear every day. <3

Comment

We didn't really give each other huge gifts. When my boyfriend left for graduate school, I wrote him a letter and gave him a silly card with a singing squirrel on it while he gave me a little magnet with a picture of Lake Baikal, near his hometown in Russia.

In the end, it's not about how fancy the gift is or if he can lug it around everywhere, it's about the thought
                  "If you get hungry enough, they say, you start eating your own heart"

Comment

Hmm after reading this thread I do believe I need to go buy my SO a 'just because' gift. Mainly because I haven't bought him something silly in a while.

Comment

I'm moving from Georgia to Louisiana tomorrow and my boyfriend and I will be long-distance then, so for goodbye gifts, we exchanged rings--not engagement ones, not promise ones, just nice, inexpensive rings that we can look at to remind us of each other.
                      I wanted to do something more personal than that too, though... I'm reasonably crafty, so I had the idea to make us a set of customized plushies: one designed to look like me for him to keep, and one that looks like him for me to keep. It was pretty labor-intensive, and took hours of work, but I finished the one for him to keep, spritzed some of my perfume on it, and gave it to him recently. I haven't finished the one of him yet, because I've been busy packing to move away for college, but I think it was a perfect gift idea for us and am very satisfied with how it worked out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sylphie View Post
                        I'm moving from Georgia to Louisiana tomorrow and my boyfriend and I will be long-distance then, so for goodbye gifts, we exchanged rings--not engagement ones, not promise ones, just nice, inexpensive rings that we can look at to remind us of each other.
                        I wanted to do something more personal than that too, though... I'm reasonably crafty, so I had the idea to make us a set of customized plushies: one designed to look like me for him to keep, and one that looks like him for me to keep. It was pretty labor-intensive, and took hours of work, but I finished the one for him to keep, spritzed some of my perfume on it, and gave it to him recently. I haven't finished the one of him yet, because I've been busy packing to move away for college, but I think it was a perfect gift idea for us and am very satisfied with how it worked out.
                        This is a great idea! I wish I was crafty with cloth!

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X