Activities as gifts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Activities as gifts

What kinds of things have you done for gifts instead of giving stuff?

I'm thinking of taking my SO paragliding for his birthday this year. He's so freaking picky I don't want to buy him anything. And he doesn't need more stuff anyways.

I'd also like to go white water rafting, though I should save that for next year!

We're also always really happy to go to a fancy dinner together instead of spending lots of money on gifts. We LOVE good food and wine, so it's great for us.

Love those ideas

My sister and I bought our mom tickets to see Ice at the Gaylord Palms, since she's spoiled by her significant other and gets everything she wants. Ice is a really cool display of carved ice sculptures, and they always have a theme. Last year was Shrek the Halls. Plus, we're in Florida so it's almost like going away to be in freezing temperatures to go see the exhibit.

I'm really getting more into the idea of going and doing things together over gifts anymore. My son has a whole room of toys he barely plays with so I'd much rather come up with something like that for him.

Comment

Activities are my favorite gifts!

Comment

i prefer doing activities because i think they are more fun and we get to spend time doing something different and new. I remember once we went on this really cheesy crocodile safari, every time there was a ripple in the water the tour guide would be like "crikee its a ripple you know what that means!" i couldnt stop laughing. We have also done something called a roar and snore, where you stay over at the zoo in huts and you meet animals and you feed them. We have also done jet ski trips out to islands, cruises for a day, fishing trips for a day (i caught a fish and he didnt).

I think activities are something you will both enjoy and you can share together

Comment

My SO took me to a concert and to the zoo for my birthday last time he visited!

I took him to my local Renaissance Festival for our 9 month anniversary, and to a spa for his birthday since he likes massages!

Activities are some of the best gifts since you will have the memories forever

Comment

I've taken my SO glow in the dark putt putt golfing, gokarting and taught her how to shoot pool once all in one day

Usually we just go on dates though. There was this time my SO and I both got into accidents on the same week. She got into a bike accident and the day after I dislocated my shoulder. She got marks all over both her legs and left arm and I went over to her house to keep her company but after a while she just got sick of being at home so as a "get well present" I decided to take her out for sushi and cookies n' cream ice cream (her favourite things in the world). We looked so silly because her legs were still so badly injured and I was in a sling and brace and at first she was really insecure but I held her hand and put my arm around her waist the entire day and she actually felt so much better after. It was just what she needed to get her out of her slump

Comment

I will be taking my SO to New York City for her Birthday in December! It's been a dream of her's forever and I will make it come true.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
              Married April 18th, 2015!!
              Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

For Christmas last year, I payed for a day in Paris- treated my SO to what he wanted to do in the day; I payed for his ticket to the Louvre, because I got in free being an EU citizen under 25 Then for the evening, I took us up the Eiffel Tower, then we ate in the restaurant inside. My SO says it was the best gift ever

I've been thinking of maybe doing something an activity gift this Christmas, but everywhere is a long drive from here! I found a place which has wall-to-wall trampolines... but that would probably be more for me than him

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

I love activity gifts too! Although personally I would also like even something small to "unwrap" - not even necessarily something bought, something small and handmade so they can see the look on my face when I open it.

My xSO took me horseback riding in the rockies for my birthday...that was pretty cool. And another ex bought me a hot air ballooning experience, but we never got to go.
                  Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

+1 for activity gifts.
                    We went to a thermal bath/sauna for my boyfriend's birthday this year.
                    For Christmas last year he gave me tickets to the theatre to see "The School for Wives"
                    The moose "hunting" trip last year was a present from my boyfriend (but without a special occasion)

I'm sure there was more, but I can't remember them right now :-/

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by nicole View Post

I've been thinking of maybe doing something an activity gift this Christmas, but everywhere is a long drive from here! I found a place which has wall-to-wall trampolines... but that would probably be more for me than him
                      You could take me instead?

I love activities for gifts. For both my current SO and my ex, I prefer(red) to give them instead of gifts or give "vouchers" when I do give gifts. Depending on what happens with the future, I would like to at some point take my SO to Disneyland.
                      { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
                      Met online: February 2009
                      Feelings confessed: December 2010
                      Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
                      Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
                      First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
                      Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
                      Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
                      Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
                      to be continued...

Comment

oooo..... I'll be visiting him in January.... so that's enough activity on my part for the moment..... it will take me a lot of hours to travel to him....

but he is going to take me to the Museum in Philadelphia..... and show me the 'Rocky' stairs.... and do all the touristic thingies one can do in January....

he likes powerboats..... not sure if I can come up with something that includes powerboats....
                        The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Well I asked my SO if he wanted to go paragliding as a birthday present and he said NO. Turns out he's more of a wuss than I thought.

I'll be buying him Stephen Colbert's newest book instead. That he can read in the safety of his own bed.

Comment

this is gonna be my first christmas with my new girlfriend...and we are still LD at this moment...but i did order something for her...it's something that she sent me the link to one time...and told me how much she loved it...so i saved the link...and ordered it later....now...we will be closing the distance january 22nd...and i am keeping my christmas trees and decorations up until she gets here...so that we can have our first christmas together...something i thought of...and asked her if she would like to do that...and she said yes...so looking forward to that

Comment

I bought Obi tickets to learn trapeze last Christmas. Unfortunately, I got knocked up and he doesn't have anyone else he'd feel comfortable going with, so that was a bit of a bust.

Man I wish there was a place with wall-to-wall trampolines here though!

I think giving activities is great, but not if it's a voucher for an activity. People seem to prefer it if there's no effort involved at all lol.
                              Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Working...
                              X