What are you GIVING this Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are you GIVING this Christmas?

My phone tells me it's 35 days until Christmas Eve.

Tell us what you're getting/making and for who.

My boyfriend and I are going to by presents together this Christmas-

We're still collecting ideas but so far
    His mum:
    Yankee Candle/Bath and Body work Candle or Pandora (or other) bracelet

His dad
    ? We're thinking maybe a funny/silly t-shirt

His cousin:
    sushi set

I'm also planning on making cookies or chocolates and packing them nicely. I think I'll check ikea for fabrics to make little bags myself.

I want to get my family something, but it needs to be small because I'll have to ship it.

I've already bought a book for my boyfriend and I'm sort of looking for a flip clock but they're either crappy or crazy expensive

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Well I answered the thread in the alumni section, but I'll post here too.

My SO's birthday is Dec 11, so he gets double presents!

He gets: Stephen Colbert's new book, silk boxers, and a french press.

I'm not getting my family or his family anything.

Comment

I only ever get Christmas presents for my immediate family - mum, dad, sister. We all have birthdays within a week and a day of Christmas too, so I need to get two presents each for them. Noooo idea what. My guy doesn't celebrate Christmas so I'm free from that responsibility! Phew.

Comment

I'm thinking a scarf. I want to get him a new one but he insists his old one is fine and wouldn't let me buy him one when I was there, so if he gets it by mail he can't refuse it anymore!

I already bought his mother's present when we were in Germany last week (an angel trinket; she collects them) and I'm really struggling with what to get his father. I need to figure it out soon or they'll never get them in time.
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

My SO's Birthday is on the 9th of December and I'm taking her to NYC for the weekend. And we agreed to by each other our Xmas gifts there so it's something special for both of us. We also want to keep it fairly cheep because she's in school and doesn't have much money.

For everyone else, I don't know yet. lol

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
          Married April 18th, 2015!!
          Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

My whole family have Bdays within a month and a half of Christmas it sucks, I have to buy so much stuff!

I got my Mom and Grandparents a calendar. This will be the third year where I've put one together of some of the best photos I've taken.

My sister gets octopus stuff, cause she likes weird things.

Got my Dad an ornament and still have to get him something for his bday

The SO is super hard to shop for. I got him an ornament as well cause our tree is rather lacking in personality but I still need to get him something else.

Comment

I'm getting his family some ornaments to put on the tree since I can't be there to celebrate christmas with them - and some little austrian things

He gets something made by myself

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My SO: Zombie board came, The Ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and 6 pack of Great Lakes Christmas Ale if I can get my hands on some.

My parents: Random bits and pieces I got for them while they were here; clothes, kitchen stuff, christmas decorations.

SO's parents: putting together a gift basket- bottle of wine, christmas tree ornament, popping corn, chocolate covered cherries, gift cards, candles and a bunch of baked goods I will make myself. Maybe also a professional picture of My SO and I, if they come out nice!

SO's sister: A harry potter Snuggie, a chocolate frog and bertie botts every flavor beans. Need to get something else for her. Probably alcohol

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

My SO - Still working on this. Probably a computer game. And his stocking, of course.

My sister - Her stocking. A little flip-book of photos of her dog for her purse. She's really obsessed with her dog, so it should be a hit. A photobook of their wedding pictures. A bottle of fancy alcohol (that I hope they share with us haha) and just for her SO - A hamper of junk food.

Both their birthdays are like a week before xmas too, so for that she's getting some natural bug spray (she gets eaten alive) and the ring... there's this ring that was my inheritance from mum, but she always wanted it growing up. I can't actually wear gold, so it's selfish of me to keep it, even though I didn't want to part with it (she's asked for it a couple of times and I've said no). So I had a replica made in silver, took the stones from mums ring for that, and then put blue stones in the gold band for her. They'll be like friendship rings.
                  God only knows what her SO is getting for his birthday, aside from Angry birds pjs.

My Half sister and her billion children - She's getting a pandora charm. The kids are getting books. There's a shop that sells books for just $5 across the road, and these brats are pretty spoilt, so I don't feel guilty.

My spawnling - I'll knit her a stocking. She's not going to know that mummy stinged her

My aunt and uncle - Going to get one of those photo frames that fold together like a book and put a picture from my wedding and a picture from Becs wedding in there, seeming we both got hitched this year.

Obi's family - aren't getting dick. But I should get cracking on some cards.

Oh, and I'll need something small for my half-sister's sister, seeming we're going there for the holis. Probably chocolate. Can't go wrong with that.
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

My SO is either getting the Keep Calm, I'm the Doctor belt from Hot Topic, or a Doctor Who mug.
                    My family is all still up in the air, and I don't have money to buy for his family too lol.

First Met Online: October 2010
                    First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                    Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                    First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                    Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                    Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                    Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                    Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

My GF and I will be together for Christmas.

We aren't sure about what we will get each other. She also reads the forum so I won't say anything .

I will probably get something for her sister/brother-in-law plus her two nephews. I might look for something nice in London.

For my family, I'll send them a package with things like chocolate and other cool things in it.

Comment

If I could I would love to buy all the people I love some super prezzies, but right now I can't afford much at all. I will probably send hubby a care package with allsorts of british goodies in it but for my family they get zilch.....and they understand. But it doesn't stop me from feeling bad that I can't do anything for them...

Started Writing - February 2010
                        First Visit - September 2010
                        Second Visit - June 2011
                        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
                        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
                        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
                        NOA1 - July 2012
                        NOA2 - December 2012
                        Fourth Visit - December 2012
                        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

I was thinking of getting my SO an Ocarina, because she's a huge Zelda fan and she's a flautist.

I'm also probably getting my best friend a book titled "I can't sleep" because he's an insomniac.

I haven't decided on my immediate family and I'm probably also going to get my roomates something.

Comment

Oh geez. >.<

I'm getting my SO's son a toaster. Weird as it sounds, thats what he wants.
                            My SO, I am so at a loss of ideas for.

My SOs parents are even harder, they are the nicest sweetest people, but oh I haven't a clue. I need to ask my SO as soon as I post this!

My ex (Rane), maybe the sports thingie for the Wii?
                            My mom, likely a book or two off of her wish list.
                            My son, well Santa got him a wooden puzzle with his full name in letters, and I'm sure will find him other goodies around the workshop, and his dad and I are thinking water/sand table would be a hit.

My dogs, Bailey and Zoe will get Greenies, Zoe will probably get a new winter coat, and Bailey might get a one time pro grooming job, because he's such a huge mix of terriers, his fur is out of control and I don't know how to tame it.

I'm pretty sure my son will be drawing a picture for his Godmother, which I'll frame (just a small one), in a double with a photo of him on the other side.

I'm so stressed out now. @_@

Comment

Celebrating Christmas for the first time at my SO's family. He gets tickets for Mark Knopfler (he is a huuuuge fan! so happy I got tickets!) But I have no clue what to give his brother (probably a book, he loves the enlightenment philosophers) and no clue what to give his parents either. In Holland we don't celebrate Christmas, but Sinterklaas with presents, and that's already the 5th. So have to start shopping soon for my family, but they haven't sent wish lists yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X