What are you GIVING this Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see...

For my SO - a messenger bag. I won't be seeing him before Christmas so I gave it to him to take home the last time he paid me a visit. Of course he's under orders not to open it until December 25th

For my parents and brother - I'm not sure yet. I still have time to find them something cool.

For my SO's family - boxes of the poshest chocolate I can afford I alternate between individual presents (like last year, when I went over before Christmas) and those which everyone can share.

For my good friends - I can't say here since some of them are on the forum!

For my uni mates - I'm thinking of baking them cupcakes or biscuits

For the families I babysit/have babysat for - chocolate, plus something extra for the kids.

And that's about it for now!

Comment

I'm trying to stay within a small budget as I'm going overseas the day after Christmas and will need some spending money...but the SO bought plane tickets here and a very nice gift for me, so I'm a little lost at the moment.

My SO - As of right now, he is getting a personalized keepsake box (for all the letters I've sent him), but I think I want to find him another "big" gift...some small stuff in his stocking that I still have to look for, including something called the Book of Secrets which I found on thinkgeek.com, and I'm taking a deck of cards and writing 52 reasons why I love him! I always have to make him something, I think it has more worth to him

My brother - His birthday is in December, he's younger than I, for his birthday I'm getting him the new Diary of a Whimpy Kid book and for Christmas he is getting a movie.

My parents are very horrible at giving me ideas...I think my mom wanted a pair of shoes, and my dad wants a tablet. But the tablet will obviously be split between the entire immediate family.

I'm not getting my SO's family anything...I don't have the money and I really don't feel obligated to as I haven't really met them yet :P

I feel so horrible at gift giving, haha.

Comment

OMG...He's so difficult to shop for... but I found a really cool website and...
        I'm not sure if it'll be ready by Christmas... but I'm having a customized bobblehead made!
        I just can't make up my mind if it should be him and I or only him.
        If the thing isn't ready I'll keep it for his birthday!!!
        I think it'll be cute.
        I hope he'll like it...!!!

Comment

I got my first job this Christmas, so I went all out on Christmas presents!

Mama: Ruby Ring and Family Plus Organizer from DayTimer.com
          Daddy: Axe Phoenix Travel Pack
          Sister1: Art Skills Book
          Sister2: Abe Lincoln Top Hat (She's obsessed with top hats..)
          Brother: Miami Heat LeBron James Jersey
          Boyfriend!: Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle

First met: June 2012
          Became Committed: June 04, 2012
          Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
          Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

I'm giving my SO a CD with a love song I'm writing her and some other songs I've written and a small mini pocket book in A6 format with a story I'm writing about us that I'm going to print and bind myself. Those are the two main gifts. I was going to make her a wand as well, but the size of package I would need to ship it was too expensive right now, so she'll get it later. Other than that, I will include some pictures, drawings, original artwork and letters in the package.

Comment

I'm going to get her a few things - there are some little bits and pieces I want to get for her, but I know one of the main things is a pair of earrings. She lost her favourite teardrop earrings the other week, so I'm going to get her some new ones.

There's a type of semi-precious stone that is mined only in my local area, it's really pretty and purple-blue, and you can get jewellery made from it. So I'm going to get her some teardrop earrings made from that stone - because the stone is local and unique to where I come from, it's kind of special, something from my area that she can wear and think of me and where I live. It's a surprise, though - so shh, don't tell her!

Other than that, just a few little bits and pieces she's asked for, especially British chocolate... !

Comment

Originally posted by radioandy View Post
                I'm going to get her a few things - there are some little bits and pieces I want to get for her, but I know one of the main things is a pair of earrings. She lost her favourite teardrop earrings the other week, so I'm going to get her some new ones.

There's a type of semi-precious stone that is mined only in my local area, it's really pretty and purple-blue, and you can get jewellery made from it. So I'm going to get her some teardrop earrings made from that stone - because the stone is local and unique to where I come from, it's kind of special, something from my area that she can wear and think of me and where I live. It's a surprise, though - so shh, don't tell her!

Other than that, just a few little bits and pieces she's asked for, especially British chocolate... !
                What stone is that, if you don't mind me asking? I'm from North Yorkshire and the only stone I knew which was local is Jet... I've been looking for some jewelry from home, but I can only really find the White rose Jewelry which I like.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

For once I helped myself and started EARLY with presents this year, but I still have some to go...

Parents: They're getting a Christmaspresent for both of them, 4 little cups for glögg (muddled wine, mostly alcohol free here. There is no christmas without glögg!) that will complete the half dozen. They're in stone, so they will stand most if they decide to put something stronger in them....

Brother 1: My SO tipped me already last year but then I couldn't afford it, but for the musician he gets a guitar pick puncher I got it for under £20 at ebay, and we had some old credit cards lying around and I think he'll really love it.

Brother 2: Ever since my SO first visited and introduced him to Angry Birds he's been obsessed with it, so he get's the PC game

Grandparents 1: I found (also at ebay) this service that lets you print a picture of your choice on a deck of cards, and since they love pidro (a cardgame for 4 or 5) I got their wedding photo printed on them. Was rather cheap, too, under £10.

Grandparents 2: I need help here! They've got everything and I don't know whether I should try and steal a photo of their cat or something and make another deck of cards?

Extra-granny: Maybe a photo calendar?

SO's family: I'm making them this Christams decoration that is typical around here, since the whole family (except my SO) loves Christmas decorations. Last year I got them some treats from Finland, but some they left for me to finish. They can share the present, they won't be home for Christmas anyway

SO: I found this nice, good quality pocket watch at ebay that I got engraved with his initials and a quote

I need another idea for brother 2, he's turning 7 at newyear. Maybe I could take him to the cinema?
                  We part only to meet again ~ J.Gay

Comment

I'm planning on surprising my girlfriend by flying over to her on Christmas Day

Comment

I'm getting my boyfriend a really nice pocket knife and a t-shirt. The knife has a hook for gutting fish(we love to go fishing) and the shirt says, "Bullets are a boy's best friend". I'm also gonna bake him some cookies!

Comment

Im giving my husband an Iphone 4S coz i know he always been wanting it for a while..:-)

Comment

I am giving my SO an iPhone 5 He needs a new phone and I just want him to know how much I love him. He always one-ups me with gifts so this year I am coming out on top!

Comment

Well, for my SO I bought Argentium silver made pieces of puzzle that fit together. His is gonna have the coordinates to where I live ( and inside joke kinda thing between us) and mine will have the coordinates of where he lives. In the box I will add a little note saying " So you always know where to find your missing piece. "

For my sister: An inspirational quote framed saying " She believed she could. So she did. " Cause I think she has to believe in herself first and if she does, she will achieve many a great things. Also a beautiful handmade bracelet.

My best girlfriend: An art inspired frame of the quote " Not all who wander are lost " Yes, we love quotes.

My cousin: A silver pocket watch with the HP Deathly Hallows symbol in front.

My best boyfriend: An 1885 antique print of a Dinosaur in a pendant ( he is a dino obsessed person lol) and a manly bracelet lol

My mom: A perfume she wants

My dad: He hasn't told me yet.
                            ”Distance means so little when someone means so much.”

Comment

hmm lets see i have a lot

My mom: homemade bath salts and body sugar

My sister in law: homemade bath salts and body sugar

My brother: A used video game

Nephew 1 (6yr old): A tumbler from the disney store

Nephew 2 (3yr old): A tumber from the disney store

Nephew 3 (2yr old): a sippy cup from the disney store

My best friends Nanny: a $25 gift card to a spa in chile

My best friends Aunt: homemade bath salts, body sugars, a robe, a bed for her dogs and a $10 gift card to a spa in chile

My best friends Grandma: homemade bath salts, body sugars and cookies

My best friends Grandma's nanny and her son: some candy and cookies

My best friends Mom: home made bath salts, body sugars and her favorite kind of lipstick from victoria secret

My best friends Oldest sister (19yr old): some of her favorite lipstick from victoria secret

My best friends youngest sister (13yr old): Some justin bieber merchandise from FYE and hot topic

My best friends Dad: some new drumsticks and a mini desk drumkit

My best friends younger brother (24yr old): Symphony chocolate, a bottle of alcohol and something lady gaga related

My best friends youngest brother (21yr old): some english language learning software, a homemade keyboard pin or pendent and some candy

My best friend guinea pig: A guinea pig ball, some special wood chews (that you can't get in chile) and a homemade guinea pig bed

My best friend: a guitar pick punch, a gps, his favorite candy, homemade body and foot scrub, some t-shirts, strings for his guitars, some cables for his guitars and speakers and a brand new tattoo.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

This will give me a place to compose my list, so here it goes. xP

SO - has his gift already: An anime figure, a ring to replace his other one, a stocking full of candies, a bottle of soda that he likes but isn't sold where he lives, an ocarina charm, and some small notes, letters, inside jokes, etc.

Room mate: I have no idea.. x_x;

Mother: She wants Bejeweled 3, so I guess that.

Sister: Wants two Star Wars coffee mugs and a Chewbacca goblet.

Father: No idea here either.. I'll have to look around in stores or something.

Cats: A tube full of toys that I found for like $5.

Mothers dog: Some kind of treats.
                                "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
                                This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
                                Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Working...
                                X