Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USPS/Other Postal Service Horror Stories?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The chilean postal system is horrible. My mom sent me a package with some stuff in it, well it was held up in Aduana's for 3 months (the longest they'll hold it before it's sent back) the very last day I could get it they let me know it was ready to be picked up, so I had to go all the way to Viña del mar to pick it up and then they charged me about $100 (USD) for tax on it when everything that was in the box didn't exceed the value to be taxed and then the box was damaged with one thing my nephews made me broken.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

I'm not a really big fan of the USPS. Mines was when I send a package in early December for Christmas. It was my first time sending him a package and had no idea what forms I needed and how much it would cost. It came out to be a but pricey around $30 but I was fine with it as long as he got it. We waited and he didn't get it for Christmas which I kinda expected but then in mid of January I end up getting the package back. It turned out the lady at the post office gave me the wrong form to send it. I didn't get refunded for it and had to send it again for another $30 for their mistake >: (

Comment

Hmm, I had made bad experience too. I was giving a little package to post office in end of january - and until nooooow, it did not arrive. he was sending me something to my birthday, and i got it. I dunno. I will try it again - cause now he has a postbox in usa he said, it faster with this. i hope cause I want to give it a next try. Maybe my fault was, that I wanted not to pay 90 euro for express cause the woman said, its not sure if it helps to be faster. so I sended it normal international. I never send something out of europe. And now, first time: failed. Seems a challenge.
        Last edited by alji1320; July 8, 2014, 01:23 PM. Reason: type fault

Comment

Oh reading all these comments, scares me. I have this really sweet birthday present I am going to send my guy in the Netherlands, I plan to have the gift ready to be mailed in the middle of September so it could possibly reach him within a week or two of his birthday which is in the first week of October, like mine is. I really hope everything works out for us, for something that will contain so much sentimental value to be lost... It scares me.

Comment

This makes me sad. And no one at usps, ups, or fedex cares. Too bad there wasn't another way to send stuff. I had something happen to me with the usps, but it was something I ordered for myself, not for my so or him for me. Still...I know exactly how you're all feeling. PS, I never got it either.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexandra View Post
              I'm not a really big fan of the USPS. Mines was when I send a package in early December for Christmas. It was my first time sending him a package and had no idea what forms I needed and how much it would cost. It came out to be a but pricey around $30 but I was fine with it as long as he got it. We waited and he didn't get it for Christmas which I kinda expected but then in mid of January I end up getting the package back. It turned out the lady at the post office gave me the wrong form to send it. I didn't get refunded for it and had to send it again for another $30 for their mistake >: (
              I'm not a rude person, but I would have demanded a refund, and thrown a fit about their customer service, considering I think most of us here are close to being broke, because of our relationship status. Before I knew which form I needed to send it with, I'd ask a couple of people, and then the person sending it would usually make me go back and do it over if it wasn't the right form. So, I'm glad I haven't had something like that happen to ME. My poor SO though. But yeah. USPS sucks. But so does the CBP.

Comment

I think we've only had one bad experience with a postal service, and that's when my mum put together a big Christmas package and spent a lot of money putting it all together and on postage. So she sent it from Australia post, we never received it in Florida and when she went back to the post office they said there was no record of it. So someone probably stole our Christmas gifts for themselves. Who knows, it's sad to think about. Completely disrespectful in my opinion.
                Together since: Feb 23rd 2005.
                First met: June 13th 2006

Comment

I'd sent a box with a book, some sweets and a scarf. When the package arrived in the US someone had eaten half of the Sweets.... I complained but heard nothing back, at least i know i eased someones craving for sweets

Comment

Working...
                  X