Promise Rings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicole View Post
    Mine was a silver Claddagh ring he gave my for Valentine's day this year.... it was a pre-engagement ring, because we were trying to figure out what size engagement ring to get me my promise ring was too big, so he knew to get the smaller size the jeweler gave me! haha
    Haha that's cute! I'm really hoping for a Claddagh ring from him...I think they are so beautiful and the meaning behind them is so sweet. :3

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

My boyfriend got me a promise ring (yeah, I already know about it even though there's still 34 days until I get there, lol) and we basically talked about the fact that he didn't want my finger to be empty ever again, and that he meant it as a promise to me that he would always make me happy, that we'd never go to bed angry, and that if he 'messed up' he would do everything that he could to make it better. I love him, and the promise that comes with that piece of jewelry is even more important to me than the jewelry itself.
      Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
      Dating: December 2019
      First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
      - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Originally posted by H.Mikenzi View Post
        My boyfriend got me a promise ring (yeah, I already know about it even though there's still 34 days until I get there, lol) and we basically talked about the fact that he didn't want my finger to be empty ever again, and that he meant it as a promise to me that he would always make me happy, that we'd never go to bed angry, and that if he 'messed up' he would do everything that he could to make it better. I love him, and the promise that comes with that piece of jewelry is even more important to me than the jewelry itself.
        i soooo can't wait to see it on your finger....and for you to be able to look at it when we aren't together and always remember my promise to you....

Comment

My SO wanted to exchange promise rings for our 2 year anniversary. I thought it was a great idea so I agreed jaja =D. Our's isn't so much a "pre-engagement" ring, as it is a ring that symbolizes our promise to stay loyal, honest, and faithful to one another. But I think he mentioned that it was also kinda like a pre-engagement ring before he gave it to me. And I guess it is, but when we look at our rings, we both think of our promise to each other.

Comment

The promise ring my SO got me signifies that although we are too young to be thinking of marriage, we promise to try to work our way there. It signifies our love and committment. It's a beautiful piece of jewelry and I love it.

It's also really good to keep guys from hitting on me at clubs and to remind people that my SO is real.

Became a couple: March 17th, 2010
            Started our college long distance relationship: August 2011
            Surprise engagement in Disneyworld! : March 22nd, 2013
            Closed the distance: May 2nd, 2014
            Became his wife and started our happily ever after!: May 17th, 2014

Comment

My SO gave me a promise ring when I returned from my college orientation this summer. Although he and I had extensively discussed the distance and everything, I was in tears almost the entire time I wasn't actively doing scheduling things for school, because not only is he my SO, but he's my absolute best friend in the world. He had briefly mentioned several times before that he intended to marry me, and accidentally let it slip when I was on the phone with him that he had a 'surprise' for me. Right ring size and everything, and for us it signifies a strong, mutual trust and commitment to one another and that sometime in the near future we would become engaged.

Comment

I've heard of promise rings before, I would love to receive one from my SO!

Comment

My guy brought the idea up of us both having these last time he was over here, and we're going looking for some nice ones together in London next month

Comment

My SO and I both matching rings that are engraved with "My heart is yours forever" in Italian on them.

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                    Married April 18th, 2015!!
                    Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                    X