Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you get your SO a gift the first time you met?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did you get your SO a gift the first time you met?

In a few weeks I will be meeting my SO for the first time. We have been talking since the end of June, and I call him my SO for lack of a better name right now. I'm not really sure what to consider our relationship at this point, even though we talk nearly everyday and have become really close. I guess on this meeting we will have a "define the relationship" talk. Anyway, to get to the purpose of this post, I was wondering if you got your SO a gift the very first time you met. At first, I didn't know if I should or not, but then I thought that I wanted to get him a small gift, but I don't know what. He went out of the country on a trip recently, and he said he had me something he bought there, but he didn't say what it was.

So, did you get your SO a gift, and if so, what did you get him/her?

I did, just because i really wanted to finally give him something. In the past he had sent me things and they always made me happy. My SO loves disney and collects Disney pins. So i went online to the Disney store and i found the only Jungle book pin they had and ordered it. (jungle book is his fav) So i had wrapped and gave it to him the first day we were together....... he ended up losing it..... lol ah wells.
    I love you Nathan <3
    sigpic
    5/25/09 <3

Comment

I did! I can't remember what it was, but I know that I brought something over. My SO gave me a gift as well. It was a beautiful soft teddy bear.

Comment

I did. And he bought me gifts as well.
        I had him a hoodie, 2 CDs and a teddy bear. He had me a necklace, two tops, a DVD, and my engagement ring.

First Met Online: October 2010
        First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
        Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
        First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
        Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
        Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
        Engaged!: June 1, 2013
        Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Nope, neither of us gave the other something. Not until I left 7 weeks later anyway
          Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Sunbeam View Post
            I did. And he bought me gifts as well.
            I had him a hoodie, 2 CDs and a teddy bear. He had me a necklace, two tops, a DVD, and my engagement ring.
            Cool! How long had you guys been talking? I don't see an engagement ring happening for me, at least not yet, lol.

Comment

I brought him one of my big bolsters (a hard one I didn't really like, heh) because I always told him how nice it is to hug something to sleep. I also brought some food from home for him to try. (:

Comment

I made him a custom hoodie. He loves Nirvana and so I got his fav song lyrics (which are also very "him) on the back with the face and on the front a purple snowflake (my nickname for him) and a Nirvana keychain as the zipper pull.

At risk of sounding arrogant it was AMAZING and he adores it. He spent that whole week (when we were visiting everyone) showing it off. The only sad thing is I stupidly had it made in the wrong size. (Large instead of X-Large) I just didnt think! So its a tad short on his arms but he wears it with the sleeves rolled up. Bless.

He had bought me a stunning necklace as my birthday present. My birthstone set in white gold. I havnt taken it off since!
                Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Originally posted by Butterfly78 View Post
                  Cool! How long had you guys been talking? I don't see an engagement ring happening for me, at least not yet, lol.
                  We've known each other since July 12, 2010, and we'd been together as a couple since December 26, 2010.
                  But if you ask the people who knew us mutually, they'll tell you, it seems we've been "together" since the day we met. We just hit it off that well.

First Met Online: October 2010
                  First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                  Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                  First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                  Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                  Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                  Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                  Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

I did too! We used to play Checkers online over msn all the time, so I got him an actual checkers game with the board and the pieces and everything :P but I agree that just for the sake of giving him something it's extremely cute

Comment

We met in person so there was no first meeting gifts but when he came to Canada for the first time I made a little welcome basket with maple syrup and some little Canadian trinkets.

Comment

This is great I was about to make a post about this as well...I'm in the same boat as you meeting for the first time, not sure exactly what we are, but I think it would be good to give him a little something. I was thinking matching bracelets or something.

Comment

Thanks for all the great replies. I just got back from a vacation and picked up a little something on my trip to get him. I will probably get him something else before I go, I like the matching bracelets idea.

Comment

I didn't but he got me a stuffed animal.
                            I plan on buying us both the LDR bracelets, though. I just got to ask him if he would wear one or if he would prefer the keychain, I want the bracelet, though.

Comment

Working...
                            X