Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sending him a first package?

Hey
    My boyfriend sent me a package with a bracelet, a letter and dvds and pictures of us. I really want to send him something cute and of course i'll write a letter. I thought about something from Canada, like a nice tshirt with my scent on it. Also, i was shopping the other day and saw some really nice boxers and thought it would be funny to buy him some maybe written canada on them !
    What do you send usually? And guys, what do you like receiving?

xox

I think it would depend on him and what his interests are? For example, I sent my partner a stuffed dog (with my scent/that I'd been sleeping with a while) that he absolutely loves and cuddles every night, yet I had some people ask me why on earth I was sending it "because he's a guy" and because they said their partners would never quite appreciate something like a stuffed toy. I've sent him sentimental gifts, such as ones that are significant of inside jokes or lengthy letters. I've sent him things I've bought and things I've made. I've sent him things that are representative of where I am in California. The list goes on, really. I think your partner is apt to appreciate most of what you send him, but I would look at the sort of person he is, what sort of relationship you have (i.e. some people have more romantic and sappy-soppy relationships than others), and I would work off of that.
    { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
    Met online: February 2009
    Feelings confessed: December 2010
    Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
    Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
    First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
    Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
    Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
    Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
    to be continued...

Comment

My SO and I send monthly love letter packages. They usually include the love letter, a usb stick with various stuff on it (songs, movies, pictures, videos) and some candy. If we should feel like sending a bigger box, and if we have the money!, we like to send soft toys, food from our country which we know the other will love, mugs - anything really! So your idea with the Canada shirt sounds perfect to me.
      Last edited by NaNi; October 5, 2011, 02:29 PM.

Comment

Whenever I´m around, and I see something that I mentally go "Oh, if only he was here, he´d laugh at this with me/appreciate this/something along those lines, I usually just get it and send it to him. Or, the last time I sent him a package, it had some cat ear clips (lol), and a couple of books that I really like that I wanted to share with him. Things like that

"In order to attain the impossible, one must attempt the absurd."
        -Miguel De Cervantes

Read our story HERE
        \

Comment

i see your dilema of sorts. you don't want to appear overly soppy or send him something he'll go "wa?" at. i think if he's never been to canada before, some things from your hometown / or memories of home that are special to you would be nice to share. is there a canadian specialty you can cook / bake for him to try?

i'm also wanting ideas and tips- coz so far all i've sent is a USB stick with a cheeky vid and a DIY "e-voucher" i created for a laugh which he is to present on picking me up from the station come next week!! i really want to send sentimental things like letters etc.. but doubt he'll return the jesture.

>>(not that he doesn't want to, just he's not as soopy soopy as me!!)<<

all the best. sam

Comment

For my boyfriend's birthday, I wrote him a letter, made him a CD with LDR songs, bought him a tshirt with my school on it, and a humorous book :P
            I was very nervous as to what he would think, but he had told me it was the thought that counts. I figured it was sentimental with some humor included in it
            The best part was when I went to send it out, I paid for standard shipping and sent it out a week before his birthday.
            But there was a mailing error, and it ended up being delivered to him the next day!
            I'm sure anything you send he will love

Comment

Working...
            X