Hello from NJ!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from NJ!

I am sure I am about to repeat every first post every written here...but here goes nothing!! GOSH AM I GLAD I FOUND THIS PLACE!!

I have been in a LDR for about 6 almost 7 months and I really did think it would get easier as it went along. Holy Cow was I wrong!! Its getting harder....why oh why cant the world just shrink?? why oh why can't plane tickets be given out to well deserving people?? why oh why can't I find the money tree to buy all the plane tickets in the world!? and last by not least, why oh why cant I see the future and know all this heartache has a happy ending!!

But in all seriousness...its been hard!! (Duh right?) But most importantly I am doing this completely on my own with virtually no support from those around me...either family or friends. Perhaps that is a little harsh, its not that they don't support my LDR, they don't understand it or are overly critical. I am tired of feeling defensive because I happen to love someone 1700 miles away!! Once just once I would like someone to tell me how awesome our relationship sounds, and that he is a great guy that I am lucky to find. Instead, its endless doubts...its endless questions. I am constantly trying to justify why I am doing this crazy thing at all!! Worst thing...they are making me doubt everything. And I hate that.

When I break all the craziness down, its because I love him. I love him despite his flaws and despite our differences and despite the distance. He is someone I have longed to find. I need support...I need to know I am not crazy to be doing this. So here I am...thanks for just being here!!

*hugs*
    Lizzie Blue

You responded to my post, I'm the one that is in my forties. Tell me why its so crazy. Mine is too, trying to decide how to reunite again with my southern boy.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!!!!
      Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

Comment

Working...
      X