Re-Intro! (Ottawa, ON to Dallas, TX)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-Intro! (Ottawa, ON to Dallas, TX)

I originally introduced myself in the wrong forum, wanting to quickly introduce myself before jumping right in.

First off, I'm amazed to find a place with so many people who are dealing with similar issues as me!! I've been feeling so along for so long and it wasn't until this spring when my aunt (in her 60s) got in a LDR (They got engaged on Friday and closing the distance at the end of October!) that I felt like anyone could relate to what I was going through! But now they will be together, and my SO and I still aren't...

Other than my aunt, anyone I've encountered in a LDR is much, much younger than me!

SO and I met online in June of 2010... This is when our long distance friendship started. There is a really long complicated story behind it all, which I may slowly share if I'm comfortable, but I'll just leave it at that for now. I'm not sure when our relationship, as such, started, but by the time I flew to Texas for the first time in August 2011, we were definitely more than friends! I saw him again for Christmas that year.

We broke up this Spring (another long story) and after a nightmare of trying to date men that, in my head, were better for me just because they lived close by, we got back together in July of this year. I went to Texas for the 3rd time at the end of August and we had the most amazing visit.

He has still not come to visit me or met my kids because my ex-husband won't let me take them to Texas, and SO at this time still can't come to Canadas. (At first he was waiting on his green card, when he finally got his green card, we went to book his flight and I asked him to check his passport wasn't expired... It was... and it has been a real nightmare trying to get an Iranian passport renewed because of all the stuff happening with that country right now... He was told a few months ago that it could take as long as 6 months...)

We have so many obstacles preventing us from CTD, and it often seems impossible... but we can't accept being apart either... So after what was essentially a heartbreaking and difficult summer for the both of us, we are ready to honestly discuss and tackle the issues that prevent us from CTD... Being permanently together is something that probably won't happen for years still, but we are hoping to see much more of each other in the meantime.

I can't wait to get to know everyone and learn about your stories!
    First met online: June, 2010
    First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
    Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Third visit together: August, 2012
    Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
    Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
    Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
    Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Welcome

Comment

You said welcome to me, I say welcome to you. And no matter how complicated the story may be, or how difficult it may seem to overcome these obstacles stacked against you, nothing is impossible, and you can do it if you really go for it

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Saying the same as Honour, you welcomed me so I'll welcome you! Hiya, and welcome!

Met online: February 2011
          Met the first time: August 16, 2011

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! I can't imagine the passport nightmare, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope you see each other soon!

Comment

Welcome! Hope you two can get the passport issue figured out soon and see each other more while you tackle the CTD situation!
              Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
              Dating: December 2019
              First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
              - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Welcome : )

Keep strong you guys can do it ~!!
                ♡ ~~~~ 'When you find something worth fighting for, you never give up' ~~~~ ♡

Comment

Thanks everyone! I have been feeling so much more positive about our future ever since I came across this website!!
                  First met online: June, 2010
                  First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
                  Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Third visit together: August, 2012
                  Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
                  Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
                  Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
                  Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

welcome- i can imagine the fustration at getting one thing sorted only to find another obstacle!!

as for re-intros ; i guess i could say hi all again. After being a LDR for 7mths whilst working in chesterfield, I am set to be seperated by my SO and our flat for work again, this time for 12 mths in northampton. If only the waste industry wasn't so North UK focused i could have stayed!! my BF has been a well of support these past few weeks for a wealth of reasons. I love him and am going to miss the home comforts with him.

Comment

I'm new to the site and I was really surprised when I saw this thread saying "Ottawa to Dallas". I'm from Ottawa and my SO was born in Dallas. She doesn't currently live there anymore but what are the odds! Anywho! Just wanted to say hi my fellow Ottawan (or whatever it is we call ourselves haha)!

"True love isn't about being inseparable; it’s about two people being true to each other even when they are separated."
                      Married April 18th, 2015!!
                      Distance Closed October 4th, 2015!!

Comment

Working...
                      X