Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Great (Soon To Be) White North!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the forums I'm originally from the west midlands!

Comment

Thanks, commasplice! Gee, soooo many Canadians/Ontarians. Ugh, isn't the time difference from Ontario to the UK a bummer?

Thanks, Honour! Oh, really? Lovely place.

Comment

Yeah, heard of Nottingham?

Comment

I have! In fact, Nottingham isn't too far from my SO! Just over an hour or so. Such a small world.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
            Yeah, heard of Nottingham?
            Originally posted by Lady Grimm View Post
            I have! In fact, Nottingham isn't too far from my SO! Just over an hour or so. Such a small world.
            ^^ saw your little conversation about Nottingham/Midlands.. My SO is from Nottinghamshire! (Worksop) and he has always described Nottingham as East Midlands.. anyway, just found that odd. But Lady Grim, our SO's are really close! haha

also, I forgive you for lurking.. I have been a member for a long as time and I still lurk! Welcome
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
            Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
            Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
            Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
            Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Jazi View Post
              ^^ saw your little conversation about Nottingham/Midlands.. My SO is from Nottinghamshire! (Worksop) and he has always described Nottingham as East Midlands.. anyway, just found that odd. But Lady Grim, our SO's are really close! haha

also, I forgive you for lurking.. I have been a member for a long as time and I still lurk! Welcome
              Oh, yeah? I don't know much about what places fall under which area of the UK, haha. If you ask me, they have too many distinct areas for such a little country. :P

Haha, but yes! Very close. And aren't those English boys just the best?

Lol, thank you! Also, I did a bit of lurking of my own (I always do, I'm sorry! People who say they don't are liars :P), and see that you and your SO met on Vent! I have to say, that's brilliant! I've never found anyone else (besides my SO, and his gaming friends) who have heard of or used it. My SO and I used it to talk at one point!

Comment

Hello and Welcome here =D. Also i miss Ontario Canada as i used to live and work there (had to come back to the US as i lost my job )

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Originally posted by Lady Grimm View Post
                  Oh, yeah? I don't know much about what places fall under which area of the UK, haha. If you ask me, they have too many distinct areas for such a little country. :P

Haha, but yes! Very close. And aren't those English boys just the best?

Lol, thank you! Also, I did a bit of lurking of my own (I always do, I'm sorry! People who say they don't are liars :P), and see that you and your SO met on Vent! I have to say, that's brilliant! I've never found anyone else (besides my SO, and his gaming friends) who have heard of or used it. My SO and I used it to talk at one point!
                  Haha!

definitely, there are WAAYYY too many places in the UK, and too many 'cities'... being from a big country does that to you though.

As you can see from my profile I put 'props to you if you know what that is' about Vent.. so congrats! you're the first person who has said to me that they are familiar with it on LFAD lol. and thanks for thinking its brilliant! haha.

We don't actually use Vent at all now, we only spent a few months talking on there and then moved to much cooler places to chat (mainly skype, which is private.. and free :P )

We should be friends. chat sometime :P
                  Met Online: February 2009
                  Feelings grew: January 2011
                  First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
                  Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
                  Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
                  Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
                  Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
                  Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
                  Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
                  Engaged: 1st of July 2012
                  Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September