Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally realized I can't do it alone.

Hey(: The name's Faith.
    So, my baby's been away for about a month now and I've been doing pretty well. I'm used to independence and despite the obvious withdrawals, I stay busy enough with work and have enough good things in my life that it hasn't been a crippling experience by any means. For some reason today just hit me hard. :/ Got all sorts of advice that just made me ask questions, and while I'm not willing to even consider questioning my commitment or love for my boy, it just opened a door of thoughts that I guess tempts me to...... and now I really need to hear his voice and feel him hold me. I need reminded that this isn't forever, that what we have is worth it and that it will all pay off... You know? But he's at basic (army), and it's week 3 and he has at least 10 weeks to go, with no guaranteed contact until the end. So we're totally cut off from one another, except letters (although, while I do write him daily.. they aren't letting him read any of the mail he's getting yet. Part of the whole soldier-making process, I guess).

So, interaction is limited, to say the least. Not to mention he's in Active duty, and is Infantry, and is enlisted for at least three years. It's definitely hard to see an end in sight at this point, and today has made me realize that in order to survive the long-haul I'm committed to, I really need you guys. It's hard for me to accept that I need an online support groupish thing xD But things are... complicated, with his family, and I'm a bit of a loner, so despite a few close friends who are really busy, I don't really have anywhere else I can turn. :/ I love him, I refuse to give up on us, but this is definitely a mountain to climb! Can you help me?

I know we've only been true-blue dating for 7 months, so this is one of our first major trials as a couple. I keep telling myself: It takes TIME and experience to produce strength and endurance. Nobody ever said settling down was easy. I'm naturally a very free spirit, and I'm open to change at any given moment. So any time I get so much as looked at by a seemingly sweet, attractive guy, everything in me wants to do the normal "RE-EVALUATE EVERYTHING. Is this potential option worth passing up for current relationship?!"
    and it's just TERRIBLE!!! I feel so.. unfaithful, for even having these thoughts. I've never cheated, I never will, but I want my relationship to have not a single moment where my heart would even consider another guy. I know I'm young, and people say "You don't have to know yet!" but I have made my decision. This is the man I want to spend my life with, and I just need help learning to stick with that. On the deepest, most complete level possible.

This is really long. But that's pretty much the bulk of why I'm here, and what's up. There's a lot of other things I would love to be able to discuss, but I'll leave this first post at that. Hopefully it's not so long that nobody will read it!!
    Last edited by WhimsieWhirled; October 16, 2012, 12:52 AM.

Welcome to LFAD!!!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Firstly welcome!! You can do this, keep strong & have faith that your relationship will work. We are all on LFAD for the same reason, so you have all the support you need to get through this.....

Started Writing - February 2010
        First Visit - September 2010
        Second Visit - June 2011
        Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
        Our Wedding Day - April 2012
        Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
        NOA1 - July 2012
        NOA2 - December 2012
        Fourth Visit - December 2012
        Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Welcome to LFAD! Everyone here is very supportive and they'll do what they can to help you get through the rough patches.

Comment

Thank you all so much [[: I'm excited to get plugged into the community here.
            Last edited by WhimsieWhirled; October 17, 2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome! x
                London girl, American cowboy. "Like a western Dirty Dancing."

Comment

Thank you guys

Comment

First welcome, im new too. My SO actually brought this site to my attention. Mostly for the 100 ideas to do togeter. But i thought this forum would be good comfort since ive been having episodes of depression from the pain of the distance and everything. I wanted to say if you ever need to talk about it feel free to pm always willing to talk and help. I had family in the military so i am also on a good level with the military harships. Ive seen what my family members went threw and the worry i felt myself. so yea. Im here for you as well as every other friendly poster here. stay strong

Comment

Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Welcome

Comment

Hi Faith. Welcome to LFAD.

Comment

Hi Faith and welcome to LFAD. Everyone here can relate to your LDR in some form, so I'm sure it won't be hard to find support. If you ever need to talk, just send me a message.
                            sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Working...
                            X