Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psssst. (:

Hey guys,

I'm Alec from Beijing, China (not Chinese though). I'm new to this site, but in no way am I new to this long-distance relationship thing. My boyfriend, Mo, and I have been apart for a year in a half now. He's currently living in London while he finishes up his masters degree there. I've signed up to these forums in the hopes of meeting new people in similar situations whom I can share my thoughts with and exchange advice. I can honestly say that Loving From a Distance has saved my relationship in a number of ways.

Mo and I maintain a webpage on this "Go Fund Me" site that allows us to collect small amounts of money from generous friends and online donors. We are working towards buying my boyfriend a plane ticket so he can come visit me this December. We would like to spend Christmas together, and if this pushes through it will be our first holiday spent with each other. I don't know how we've managed the last couple of years, but in these past few months I've begun to feel the 5,071 km in between us taking it's toll. Oh, I'm sure all of you can relate. Yes?

Here is our page, donations of any small amount are muchly welcomed:

(triple-w dot)gofundme(dot com)/longdistanceblues

(This site doesn't let me post links! Egh!) Please, check it out and don't move on to another forum post. Please? We've been scraping together whatever money we can, but are still a great deal far away from the amount we need for him to make the trip. Right now, I'd do anything to be able to hold his hand again. Life is kind of a drag. Also, it would do us a huge favor if you'd forward our page to a number of your friends and people you think could maybe help out.

I'd do anything right now just to be able to hold his hand for five seconds. But after a whole year and a half of waiting, I'm pretty sure that I'd be able to make it into the next year. Pretty sure.

Blue skies always,

Alec

(Beeteedubs guys, we are a monogamous gay couple in a very committed relationship. Love is love, and if any of you have opinions going against our lifestyle- I'll accept that, but please keep it to yourself. Be nice. Kay?) (:
    Last edited by chaitea17; November 9, 2012, 06:19 AM.

Welcome to LFAD-but I have to say 2 things. 1) this forum DOES let you post links, if you're not a troll.
    2) As other members have commented on your only other post, asking for money, especially as a new member, is kinda tacky.

I can't help but feel like you're spamming us to get us to give you money.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      Welcome to LFAD-but I have to say 2 things. 1) this forum DOES let you post links, if you're not a troll.
      2) As other members have commented on your only other post, asking for money, especially as a new member, is kinda tacky.

I can't help but feel like you're spamming us to get us to give you money.
      Nail + Head = This
      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

We are an emotional support site, not financial. Most of us can't even afford to see our own partners, much less for the holidays (yeah, I haven't spent any holidays with mine, either!). You can ask for advice here, but no one is going to take you seriously if you come at us asking for money. Not only that, but both of your posts are nearly identical and both ask for money. That puts you right up there with telemarketers and spammers.

If you have any emotional concerns, or are in need of advice, please, do make a post about it. We'd be happy to offer our support.
        Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
        Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
        Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Have you applied for work? Have you scanned local listings for opportunities at odd jobs? Perhaps you could host a bake sale or offer a service or an item in exchange for change?

In the end, you're coming to a forum where most of us either have to work for our money, have worked for our money, or who are working on scraping up enough funds to support our relationships on top of bills and everything else (or people who don't have the money to begin with, for some members here) and asking us to donate to the same thing we're all going through. We don't maintain our relationships because we're all rich bastards, and it almost comes off as disrespectful to come asking people in the same position you are to donate money. It's fine to come to the forum for support and even asking ways of money or for tips on saving and budgeting, but to ask for money explicitly, and to post it in two separate places, comes off as rude. You wouldn't go to a homeless shelter on Tuesday and ask for money because you can't afford dinner until payday on Friday. It's a similar thing here.
          { Our Story on LFAD }

Our Beginning
          Met online: February 2009
          Feelings confessed: December 2010
          Unofficially together since: January/February 2011
          Officially together since: 08 April 2011

Our Story
          First meeting in person: 16 August - 14 September 2011
          Second visit: 17 March - 01 April 2012
          Third visit: 23 July - 13 September 2012
          Fourth visit: Looking at 23 March - 6 April 2013

Our Happily Ever After
          to be continued...

Comment

Yo bro

1) I'm a student as well. I don't do anything fun during class time, so I can get a plane ticket to see the missus.
            2) Would you repay the generosity to one of us if we need to raise some funds for a plane ticket? A non-response means that you're a spammer.

Gracias y adios!

Comment

Working...
            X