Hello from Virginia!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Virginia!

Hi everyone! My name is Matthew and I'm a 21 year old college student majoring in English w/Creative Writing. My LDR is unique in that my girlfriend and I met at our university; however, due to her health she more or less housebound. She has Crohn’s Disease, ADHD, a learning disability, and a severe anxiety disorder. I’m legally blind (I have 10º of vision in my left eye and 15º in my right) and I have cerebral palsy. We haven’t been able to see each other in six months and sadly, we’ve recently hit a major rough patch, but we’re still hanging in there and just as in love as were from the start. Can anyone offer any advice for the rough patches that might come up or as anyone been in a similar situation that has worked out?

Hi Matthew and welcome you to the site! I have a very special person in my life who also has CP and is legally blind I don't really have any advice right now but I do hope you like the site!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

there are some members who are in a similar situation/have health conditions that make their LDRs a little more of a hurdle. Hopefully as you become part of the community you'll learn who those people are and they'll be able to share their experiences/advice - I don't feel it's my place to tell you who they are though
      Met Online: February 2009
      Feelings grew: January 2011
      First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
      Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
      Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
      Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
      Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
      Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
      Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
      Engaged: 1st of July 2012
      Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
      Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
      Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
      Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
      Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
      Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Welcome My SO is in Virginia so I feel like I know it well!

Comment

Working...
          X