This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ave Maria Singles and Seattle

The only reason I joined an online dating site was because I felt left out. My friends joined and were talking about how so-and-so is on there, too. I was thinking, "Oh, man! This sounds like fun. I'm gonna see what this is about." The first day I created a profile I found the man I wanted to spend my life with. I'm a strong Catholic from Seattle and the man I was/am interested in is another Catholic from St. Louis. Like all relationships, we started talking and getting to know each other. I couldn't believe I found someone so much like myself. How can this person exist? He's just like me! The more we talked, the more we had in common. Soon, we made plans to meet. During the time of planning to meet, we developed a love for each other. I loved this man before I even met him. We finally met last month and, as I had expected, hit it off and fell more in love with each other. Now we are apart again and the distance seems even further. I want him beside me again. He plans on making the sacrifice to move here but there is a problem, he doesn't have a job waiting for him here. He's a graphic designer, but works at Whole Foods. There's the possibility of him transferring but nothing has come up. We've been applying for jobs like crazy; Microsoft, Google, Amazon, and other companies (small ones, too) but nothing. I feel like we're at a dead end. We have no leads. The sad thing about all of this is that we don't know when we'll see each other next. It almost puts me into despair. My heart is so weak and my emotions make me crazy. I miss him. I need him. I want him. I love him. I just wish things would fall into place and we can be together again. If there is anyone from the Seattle area that can help me/us out, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Pax,
    Becca

Welcome to LFAD, Becca!

Comment

Thank you!!!

Originally posted by Schlafmütze View Post
      Welcome to LFAD, Becca!

Comment

welcome to LFAD

Comment

As a graphics designer I would think he'd be able to find something there. You could google 'graphic designer jobs Seattle' and see what comes up. (Maybe you've already done that). He might even be able to find one that is online based and it won't matter where he lives.
          February 2012 -- met online
          August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
          April 2013 -- met in person
          June 2013 -- broke up
          July 2013 -- back together
          August 2013 -- 2nd visit
          October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
          April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Hi Benni! Thanks for the advice. Yes, I checked out local graphic design positions and had him apply to a lot of them, but still no word. I haven't thought about online based jobs. Is there a website you can suggest that may hire stay-at-home graphic design positions?

Originally posted by Benni View Post
            As a graphics designer I would think he'd be able to find something there. You could google 'graphic designer jobs Seattle' and see what comes up. (Maybe you've already done that). He might even be able to find one that is online based and it won't matter where he lives.

Comment

Welcome to the forums !
              Met Online: February 2009
              Feelings grew: January 2011
              First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
              Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
              Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
              Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
              Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
              Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
              Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
              Engaged: 1st of July 2012
              Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
              Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012
              Eighth visit: 8 December 2012 - 12 January 2013
              Visa granted: 8th of May 2013
              Hawaii: 19 May - 2 June 2013
              Closed the distance: 16th of July 2013

Married my Englishman on the 4th of October 2013

Comment

Originally posted by bexadair View Post
                Hi Benni! Is there a website you can suggest that may hire stay-at-home graphic design positions?
                Here's 2 links plus you can google 'telecommuting jobs' and find more sites.

https://www.youthedesigner.com/2008/...c-design-jobs/

https://www.simplyhired.com/a/jobs/l...tle+washington
                February 2012 -- met online
                August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
                April 2013 -- met in person
                June 2013 -- broke up
                July 2013 -- back together
                August 2013 -- 2nd visit
                October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
                April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Hello and welcome here, also good luck on getting him a graphic design job in seattle! They are hard to find (my cousin is a graphic designer who lives in seattle and when he graduated in 02 he found a job in seattle, but eventually that company closed down in 05 and he had so many problems getting another job he had to start up his own graphic design company just to get work) that might be something he could do, is start up a freelance graphic design company.

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion, Riyko!

Originally posted by Riyko View Post
                    Hello and welcome here, also good luck on getting him a graphic design job in seattle! They are hard to find (my cousin is a graphic designer who lives in seattle and when he graduated in 02 he found a job in seattle, but eventually that company closed down in 05 and he had so many problems getting another job he had to start up his own graphic design company just to get work) that might be something he could do, is start up a freelance graphic design company.

Comment

Welcome!

I'm a Catholic from St. Louis, so your thread caught my attention right away! Haha always good to see familiar faces around.

There's a website, mediabistro.com, that sometimes has graphic design positions, from what I can remember. I would search freelance sites as well--those are going to be some of your best bets, in my opinion.

And if he's up for it, I'd definitely start his own business! Why not?

Good luck!
                      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Working...
                      X