Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still learning to love from a distance

Hey everyone,

My name is Sarah and I have been with my SO (Cody)for almost a year. We are about 3000 miles apart, as he lives in the Bering Straight in Alaska and I live in Northeast Georgia. In out year together we have spent more time apart than together. It was a hard adjustment at first (which we have all faced) but I am begining to learn how to love him from a distance. We spent the most AMAZING summer together never leaving each others sides, so I was sad when he had to leave again in the first part of this month. Things are going very well, but sometimes communications are tough as the reception where he lives is not always the best. I am very excited to say that I am planning on spending November 18th through December 1st in Alaska with him.

I would love any advice or suggestions that any of you veteran LFAD folks have on life, love, learning to love from a distance, or anything else you have to offer me. I have really enjoyed this site so far and I have already learned so much from everyone that posts regularly.

Sarah

♥Now on we go♥
    ♥To where no one knows♥
    ♥But I know, that I love you even more♥
    ♥Tears we cry♥
    ♥Asking myself why♥
    ♥Did I let the only one that I love go♥
    ♥You were meant for me♥
    ♥Darling can't you see♥
    ♥This is your song♥
    Your song (For you) By Glenn Lewis

You'll be my hubby and I'll be your wifey, so let's be together in bliss for "lifey" lol
    (I know it's cheesy, just bare with the siggy XP)

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Sarah!!
      "Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle...rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be." ~ Anonymous
      "Since love grows within you, so beauty grows. For love is the beauty of the soul." ~ St. Augustine
      "True love is rare, so when you find it don't let it go just because of a barrier you can't cross". ~ Ray H Wall

Chris and Megan - November 3rd 2009- (Break from June 15- )July 18th 2011.

Comment

Welcome to the forum! My name's Sara as well.

The advice here is great and the people are very friendly. Feel free to ask away or paw through threads and see if you can relate and what's been said. And I hope you have an awesome time in Alaska.

Comment

Welcome to the forums, Sarah. You'll find a lot of kindred spirits here on the time apart versus time together.

Can I say that the 2 weeks together sounds absolutely thrilling, though, and I'm a little jealous - Alaska is supposed to be beautiful! I hope you take lots of photos, especially photos of you together - those help a lot, and are useful for gifts down the road. Make some blog posts so you can share.

Hmm, advice... Well, I've been together with my boyfriend about as long (1 year next month), so I don't know if I count as a veteran, but one of the best lessons I've learned is to give extra room for understanding. The distance makes it easy to misinterpret things when you're lonely, depressed, missing them like crazy. Things that would be easy for you when together get muddied.

Anywho, I hope you enjoy your time around here. Don't be afraid to hop in.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

That is such great advice. I often forget to leave that little bit of extra room. You have really made me think! Thanks!!

Comment

Welcome on here!

Comment

Welcome to the family my dear ^_^

Comment

Welcome. Lots of great people, ideas, support and encouragement here.

Comment

Welcome!
                    All I can really offer is to talk to him whenever you feel insecure or sad or are just missing him. Chances are, he's missing you too!
                    I hope you find GREAT advice here =]

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Comment

Welcome!!!! Always keep the lines of communication open. Trust is a huge thing....and if something is bothering me..I really try to open up and talk about it and not let it fester inside...
                        NY to Texas Married on...August 17th, 2013

Comment

Welcome to LFAD Sarah

I would say trust and communication are the key factors in making an LDR work... Sometimes things will feel unbearable but those moments will pass so don't let them get to you too much. You've found someone you love and who loves you back, that alone is amazing and rare so don't give it up even when things get rough!

We're here for you in good times and in bad

Comment

Working...
                          X