Hi!! :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi!! :)

I've been lurking a little bit for the last few weeks but decided it's time to stop being shy and say hi I've been talking to my guy for over a year now and after much hesitation over not wanting to hurt or be hurt, we're starting to test the waters in this LDR stuff. There are many obstacles, not the least of which is the 5000+ miles, but I feel too strongly about him not to give this a try. He's finally letting some of his guard down and I can't tell you how much it has meant to me that he's opened up so much over the last few months. I finally got to hear him speak after a year of texting, and I finally got to see his face move in Skype over the last couple months. I cannot express my joy at being able to see and hear his laugh finally I am looking forward to getting to know you all. Being new to this, I need support to help maneuver through all of this. I feel like I'm the only one going through this until I get on here This transition is so new for us, and I'm doing my best to let him set the pace he's comfortable with that, while my friends know of him, and can guess how I feel about him, I don't have anyone really who understands (or cares to understand) the difficulties an international LDR presents. I've only heard him speak and seen him move a handful of times, but those moments are so precious to me, I want every chance we can to see where this will lead
    "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Welcome to LFAD
    We all are in a relatively similar predicament & loving it! ^-^
    "We are beings attracted to the essence of hope, and life is the all encompassing hope that everything can change; that everything can be better."

Comment

Thanks for the welcome! It's fun, exciting, nerve wracking, and testing our personal strength and trust in each other, but I wouldn't change anything...except the distance, of course glad to have a community of people who get it

Comment

Welcome to LFAD
        It's really great to have a place where everyone can relate.

Comment

And deal with the "love gushing" lol friends and family can only put up with so much

Comment

Welcome to LFAD!

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

Welcome to the community, merlinkitty! I hope you'll have a good time here

~
                It'll take a lot more than words and guns
                A whole lot more than riches and muscle
                The hands of the many must join as one
                And together we'll cross the river

Comment

Welcome to the forum, you've come to the right place!
                  Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Thank you Miasmata!! Welcome to you as well! I read through your post earlier, especially regarding the religion/politics stuff and it made me giggle. My family is very religious (not so conservative though). My SO is atheist and I lean this way as well. It made me think of when they finally all meet and how much I'll be avoiding the topics I look forward to being here

Thank you, Moon!! I really needed to see others like this too it's been great so far
                    Last edited by merlinkitty; May 30, 2014, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Welcome! This has been a huge help to me! I hope it's a help to you as well. We all feel the same things...apparently emotions know no age!
                      sigpic

I love him. Forever. And every day after that.

Comment

Thank you, TaraMarie!! it's just good to know you can feel again

Comment

Working...
                        X