Hello everyone!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone!

Hello! I am new on this website and want to share my story.
    I am back in the Netherlands since 2 weeks, the first time that I am apart from my SO. I met him when I was studying abroad, I actually met him on my second day there. We started dating pretty soon, even though I knew it wasn't really smart (after all, I had to go back home at some point). But no one could stop me, I was madly in love. We spent 7 amazing months together, we even went on a 3 week trip together when my study period was finished and I had time to travel. This trip was amazing, we got even more connected. But then.. I had to go home, my student visa was expired.

Saying goodbye was aweful, I cried a lot. The first week at home was really strange, I had been away for 7 months. And off course, I missed him so much. I couldn't eat, sleep or do anything. Now, after 2 weeks, it is getting better. We Skype every day (sometimes multiple times), and text a lot. I am sure he is 100% dedicated to me and this relationship, and he is sure we'll work it out. We have had several conversations about the future. I really would consider to move, I have experienced living over there and I am sure I can be happy there with him. He also said he would consider moving to the Netherlands. The only thing is work.. I just graduated medical school and working as a doctor in the States is really hard. He has his own company.

So the plan is to see how everything goes, since we are only 2 weeks apart for the first time. He is planning to come visit me in April, and maybe I will visit him in a few weeks (I am looking for a job so I have time).

It is just so hard! I cannot help but thinking about the future, and if it would be worth it. I know I love him very much and I don't want anything else but being with him. Because I just graduated, I have too much time and not much distraction. I try to be busy as much as I can, but I am thinking to much.
    Is it normal that I am dealing better with missing him, because I was sick about it the first week? That is what's keeping me busy right now. I don't want to doubt my feelings for him.

Thank you! I think I will find a lot of comfort in this website.

Welcome to LFAD! I'm sure you'll find lots of support here. I'm glad you're feeling a bit better already The few days of being apart definitely suck!

Comment

Yikes, you've actually met your SO. That sounds harder than dating them and never having met in person, because you know their touch and everything. :/ I hope things work out for you two. And I hope you find advice and friends here.

Welcome to the site. :]

Comment

Welcome to the community!

It's a good thing that coping with being without him is getting better since it could affect you mentally as well as physically if we dwell on being without our SO's too much. The first bit of time away is usually the hardest but you will be reunited before you know it!
        "The Only Heaven I'll Be Sent To,
        Is when I'm Alone With You."

Met: Sometime in 2016
        Started Relationship: August 9, 2017
        First Visit: December 7, 2017
        Closed the distance: February 9, 2018

Comment

Hi and welcome! Have you considered the K1 or K3 visas? I moved to the US with the K1 fiancee visa to marry and live with my husband, it was very cheap and fast compared to a lot of visa options, it only took 9 months from first applying to actually moving here. I know marriage isn't for everyone, but it worked very well as a way to get to the US for me As for doubting your feelings, you do get used to it, especially as you're so busy. The first week apart is always the worst but you do get numb to it, as long as you want to skype with him every day I'm sure you're fine.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Thank you all! I feel better already
              As for the fiancee visa, I think that is a little too drastic at this point. The thing is, because of the student visa that I had for my internship, I cannot apply for a work visa or green card within the next two years.. But, if we survive and the love is still there in two years, I would definitely go!

Comment

Welcome to LFAD

Comment

Working...
                X