Hello!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello!

Hello! After spending a few days lurking, I decided I should join the forum.

I have never been good at these introductions... so bear with me!

I would like to start off by sharing a bit about my long distance relationship with my boyfriend, Matt. And how we met. He and I have known each other for almost a year, and have been dating for a little over two months now. We met on a chicken forum (odd place to meet, I know. But he and I are both chicken hobbyists. ), back in March of 2014. We hit it off right away, and spent many long hours talking every day, just getting to know each other. At first we were nothing more than good friends. We had a lot in common, we got along great, and we thought the other person was just someone fun to talk to. Nothing more. After a few months, I started to fall for him. Hard. At the time I thought my feelings for him were something I should be ashamed of. People can't fall in love over the internet, right? At least that's what I kept telling myself.... But it didn't matter how many times I said those words to myself. I just kept falling for him.

I've been told a few times now that im too young, and that I don't know what love is. But that couldn't be farther from the truth. Yes, im young. But I know enough to know what I want in a person. And I found him. As much as people say it is, it's not puppy love. Sure, maybe it started out that way. It's not that way now. I know how I feel, and I am very much in love with my LDR sweetheart. *blush*

We haven't had the opportunity to meet up in person yet, but we are hoping to do that some time this year, or the next. Seems like a lifetime from now.

Now, im done rambling. And I'll leave it off at this:

I look forward to interacting with more people in LDRs, and reading all of your stories and all of that.

-Ashley
    ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
    Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
    First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
    Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
    Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
    Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Hi & welcome

Comment

Hello all! No need in making another thread when the story is right here. Im Matt and I look forward to interacting with all of you.

Comment

Well hello and welcome to you both!
        "Sometimes you just have to let art flow over you."

Comment

Welcome to LFAD you two

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Comment

Hi and welcome to both of you! What a special way to meet, then you have something in common. Hope you will get a chance to meet soon
              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Welcome to both of you.
                To those who dream, nothing is ever far away.

​Distance is to love as wind is to fire. It blows out the little ones and fans the big ones.

Comment

Thanks everyone.
                  ~~~ ~~~

First Met Online: March 13, 2014
                  Relationship Began: November 23, 2014
                  First Met In Person: June 10-24, 2015
                  Second Visit: December 16- January 6, 2015/2016
                  Closed The Distance: June 26, 2016
                  Got Engaged: February 1, 2018

Comment

Chickens are awesome. Welcome!
                    First contact: March, 2014
                    Official LDR: June, 2014
                    Married since: August, 2017
                    “有一种幸福就是每天睁开眼睛,就知道你在。” -Xinxin

Comment

Reminds me of the film Chicken Run. "No, not apple pies, you great dolt!"

Welcome.

Comment

Welcome to LFAD, both of you.

What an awesome way to meet.
                        Out of curiosity, do y'all own chickens? Or just have an interest for them?
                        [CENTER]

first met: ~10.03
                        became official: 28.03.11
                        first meeting: 08.06.12 - 24.06.12 (jason in vancouver)
                        second meeting: 18.07.13 - 30.07.13 (jason in vancouver)
                        our first vacation together: 30.07.13 - 20.08.13 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        third meeting: 14.12.13 - 03.01.14 (cynthia in new orleans)
                        fourth meeting: 21.05.14-02.06.14 (jason in vancouver)
                        surprise! 13.08.14-27.08.14 (cynthia surprises jason in new orleans)
                        viva las vegas: 21.12.14 - 24.12.14 (c+j vacation together in vegas!)
                        jason's 1st canadian christmas: 24.12.14-02.01.15
                        my first mardi gras: 12.02.15-20.02.15

Comment

Originally posted by lovefrom2800milesaway View Post
                          Welcome to LFAD, both of you.

What an awesome way to meet.
                          Out of curiosity, do y'all own chickens? Or just have an interest for them?
                          First of all thank you and everyone else for the warm welcome. And yes we both own chickens. We have raised them since we were both around ten. I have competed in some chicken showmanship competitions at my county and state fair. My girlfriend doesn't really do that. We actually both Have house chickens. Thats right... Chickens in the house. XD I love my house chicken, Frizz. I hatched and raised her from a chick. But man... My girlfriend has told me the two most important things in her life. #1 being me #2 being her house chicken Sunni. XD When in their pen they poop there. But when out there is diapers that they wear. It might sound crazy to someone who has never heard of this. XD

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Man View Post
                            First of all thank you and everyone else for the warm welcome. And yes we both own chickens. We have raised them since we were both around ten. I have competed in some chicken showmanship competitions at my county and state fair. My girlfriend doesn't really do that. We actually both Have house chickens. Thats right... Chickens in the house. XD I love my house chicken, Frizz. I hatched and raised her from a chick. But man... My girlfriend has told me the two most important things in her life. #1 being me #2 being her house chicken Sunni. XD When in their pen they poop there. But when out there is diapers that they wear. It might sound crazy to someone who has never heard of this. XD
                            LOL, that's epic!

Your username, Metal Man, reminds me of my SO. We're both into metal and such, but he looks the part, has the hair, beard, moustache and everything! He looks like a Goth through and though when he wants to, as well. He listens to a lot of the heavier stuff I dislike, pushing towards screamo as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Honour View Post
                              LOL, that's epic!

Your username, Metal Man, reminds me of my SO. We're both into metal and such, but he looks the part, has the hair, beard, moustache and everything! He looks like a Goth through and though when he wants to, as well. He listens to a lot of the heavier stuff I dislike, pushing towards screamo as well.
                              Haha! Yeah my girlfriend listens to metal as well. But she listens to some of the lighter stuff. She thinks i'm crazy for listening to some of the stuff I listen to. XD I listen to a bit of metalcore, some hardcore, death metal, and some deathcore.

Although i'll sometimes change it up with some hard rock. XD

Comment

Working...
                              X