Hello there :-)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello there :-)

Hi, I am a 34 yo UK-based lady, who met her LD knight in shining armour online in a multiplayer game last November. We started off as friends and gamed / chatted for hours on end. In February I confessed I had feelings for him to which he replied he liked me but wasn't ready. So I began dating other guys, was in a short relationship (Mar - June) he knew about. He did admit at some point I had hurt him dating others. In June we had a fight over it (after I broke up with the guy I was dating), and we stopped speaking (his decision). I thought our friendship was over. I cried over it like I've never cried before.

One sunny Sunday in late June he called saying he can't get me out of his head. That I've bewitched him and he can't stop thinking of me. He confessed love. Many times and in tears. Shaky voice over the phone. He admitted he was afraid to start a relationship with someone he met online. He still had some life issues to sort out before we could meet, and I agreed to take things slow. I've loved him for such a long time I was prepared to wait a bit more.

I waited 3 months for our first meet (he lives only 70 miles away). We finally met in mid-September, less than two weeks ago. I loved every bit of it. Every single second. I was so surprised at how natural it all felt. Even though we haven't met in person before, we spoke and behaved like we've known each other for ages (9 months online, hehe). At some point throughout the dinner he suddenly stood up and walked over to kiss me .. Totally surprised I sat there for the next 10 minutes not knowing whether to smile or speak, or breathe :-D

We are meeting again soon, and have another meeting planned for early October. We still are in touch online but much less than before. And I struggle with it A LOT. My own insecurities and relationship history make it into a real daily struggle. There are days I want to end things with him, thinking I can't cope anymore. I am so used to speaking to him daily online, I realise the transition to 'physical' isn't going to be the easiest. Confronting own fears, expectations clashing with reality, and more. But I am looking forward to finding out what the future holds. There is this warm feeling inside that tells me to hold on because he really is very special. And I love him to bits.

I have only just joined this forum a couple of nights ago and I have already received so much support. Thanks guys!

<3
    Last edited by gamer_gurl; September 29, 2016, 05:09 PM.

Hi and welcome

Comment

I met my SO the same way! isn't it funny how something that starts out with no expectations can lead to something so wonderful??
      Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

"exclusive" since May 13, 2016
      ** Shortened the distance!! December 2016 **
      closing the distance in ~ Oct. 2018

Comment

Hehe, that's great I hope it's not the same guy (joking). Would love to hear more about you two x

We've just had our second meeting two days ago, we spent it strolling around the city for hours. He left after dinner and I already missed him so much, next day I woke up crying hehe. I really hope we meet again soon, but I'm not going to nag, will wait for him to ask me out again

Comment

hehe, no not the same guy... mine is in the US military and we've met in person 6x over the past several months. he is coming back out to see me in 2 wks and will be staying for a week. we started much like the 2 of you... slow, then chatting more, then phone calls, then video calls... and then we met in person
          Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

Comment

Sweet story x How far do you live from each other? How did you feel when you met him first )

Comment

we are 1480 miles apart right now, luckily he is getting a transfer in a few months that will bring us within driving distance! so we would be able to see each other on weekends.

the first time I saw him was when he picked me up at the airport. He was standing there, waiting for me as close as security would allow him. As I walked down the hall way of the terminal and laid eyes on him, both of us grinning ear to ear... the only way I can describe our first hug is to say that it was like coming home from a long rocky journey... like I'd been waiting for him. It was so natural and comfortable, just like our phone conversations had been, just now in person. It was wonderful!

how did you feel when you first saw him?
              Sparkling72

"Strength in Us!"

Comment

Working...
              X