Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WA and CA

So this is my first LDR. Figured I'll lay out the facts:

She first said "hello" to me online last January.
    She is 46, divorced 13 years and I am 42, awaiting the Judges final signature to finalize my divorce.
    She lives in Washington State, I live in Northern California.
    She has 2 upper class high school age children about 90% of the time. I have 1 in HS, 1 in college, and 1 in elementary school. I have 50% custody on a 2-2-5 schedule

We are 10 months in since our first in-person meeting. It was kinda supposed to be a fling for each of us, but as I dropped her off at the airport, she turned to me and said "I'm willing to make this work if you are."

So since then we have been going back and forth on a 30-45 day interval. We have met 8 times for weekends or longer. We really travel well together.

I've never met someone so supportive, and positive and happy. I've camped with her in rainstorms and she never complained once, and pitched right in around camp. I've taken her out to fancy restaurants, and dancing, and she shines. We are extremely good together in the bedroom.

I've met her mother, siblings, close girlfriends and children.
    She has not met my children or parents yet. I'm looking at the end of February to be the date she meets them. I've introduced her to a few of my friends and she got along great with them.

Her ex husband/father of her children lives about 60 miles from me. Her sisters both live about 140 miles away, in the same direction as her ex.
    She wants to move back to California but that presents challenges in cost of living and career fronts. That is the main reason I've signed up for the forum. To address the challenges of closing the distance. I'll expand on that in that forum.

I'm grateful that we are in the same timezone, and that nonstop round trip flights are usually under $400. If we alternate who goes to whom, and buy tickets judiciously searching for sales, that means that for the cost of lunch each day saved over 60 Days can usually purchase a ticket...

Welcome to LFAD!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Hello and welcome!

Comment

hello and welcome

Comment

Well I was trying to post a picture of us but I couldn't put it inline...Not enough posts.

Comment

Working...
          X